• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting a QB

Dog Runner

We're probably in this same spot next year if we don't, so if the draft board falls that there's a QB there we would've been interested in before trading for Darnold then we should still draft him. These reclamation projects rarely work out. If it does, then we can move the newly drafted QB.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Lance is the only option I see being available.

Go for it, who's to say we build a wall and Sam still rolls out, it's in his nature what good is the o-line if your QB is still seeing ghosts of Xmas past.

Lance behind Sam for a year. FA comes around again pick up some vets on the o-line or through the draft but at least we have our QB for the future.

Do we really want to be the team always looking for a starting QB.

Regardless the staff, excuses for Sam has to stop. He was/is who he is. Turnover machine.

I'm going to put this out there.. I think you guys maybe more enamoured with these QBS not name Lawrance and Wilson then the team is.. I also think that after the 49ers trade they can see the writing on the wall 1st 5 picks will probably be 4 QBS gone.. And then your sweating 3 picks hoping nobody jumps up for the 5th QB in this draft you might not be gaga about.. 

I'd rather be in the position we're in now with the opportunity to get either one of the best OT's or CB's or great player at another position instead of the 5th best QB in the draft..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Even if it did.. Who is to say they liked the 4th or 5th best QB in this draft??

Its obvious that if they like Fields they would have traded up, its been reported that the panthers passed on the miami pick and if they wanted Lance then they wouldnt have traded for SD.  The entire front office was at his pro day and they basically said "no thanks".

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its obvious that if they like Fields they would have traded up, its been reported that the panthers passed on the miami pick and if they wanted Lance then they wouldnt have traded for SD.  The entire front office was at his pro day and they basically said "no thanks".

I just think ppl here need to read the room better... You maybe way more Gaga over some of these QBS then they were plain an simple.. This FO may have liked 3 QBS and once the 49ers made that trade they can see that all were going to be gone in the 1st 3 picks..