• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Darnold plays poorly next year, we traded what will be a 1st round pick for him.

bobowilson

3 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

If you want to blame the staff and hold on the the Teddy signing, not much I can say. It was an awful move. But for where we finished and sat in the draft, this was probably the best case scenario for the team going into next season.  The Watson ship sailed and here we are. 

But I’m sure if you were running the team we would have 3 Super Bowls right now. Gotta love the couch GMs.  I’m willing to see how this plays out. If Sam isn’t the answer, we lost one year. It will be a better year no matter what than playing noodle arm Teddy. 

If I can see it they damn sure should be able to. 

6 hours ago, bobowilson said:

A late first round pick, but a 1st rounder nonetheless.  

If Darnold is anything like he has been the past few years for the Jets, we'll be a bottom 7 team picking at the top of the 2nd round.

If you add up the other picks we gave up with a high 2nd rounder, it has the same 'draft value' as a late 1st round pick.

So Darnold may end up costing us a late 1st rounder, and a tremendous cap hit in his 5th year.  That is quite the gamble for a quarterback who has played at his level, regardless of his coaching.

No. Added together it cost a potential second round pick. And that's if we don't trade teddy for two fourths and flip it for a 2nd or 3rd between now and next draft.

You skretchin. 

I am glad the Internet/huddle wasn’t around the Delhomme era!! You guys would have an aneurism or heart attack trying to post every time their was an issue with him.. which was most games but he won!! Anyway I am not excited about Darnold but optimistic since he threw a party and we have a coaching staff that seems to be eager to teach the unwanted!! 

11 hours ago, bobowilson said:

A late first round pick, but a 1st rounder nonetheless.  

If Darnold is anything like he has been the past few years for the Jets, we'll be a bottom 7 team picking at the top of the 2nd round.

If you add up the other picks we gave up with a high 2nd rounder, it has the same 'draft value' as a late 1st round pick.

So Darnold may end up costing us a late 1st rounder, and a tremendous cap hit in his 5th year.  That is quite the gamble for a quarterback who has played at his level, regardless of his coaching.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Could be much worse. We could have given up three first rounders and an impact player for Deshaun "Happy Ending" Watson as so many on here insisted must be done. Not saying I love the idea of Darnold but sure beats giving up the farm and setting the franchise back years for oke player who may or may not have a serious mental problem and may be suspended for a long time in the near future.