• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sewell

ncfan

What scares me is what happens if Fitts is there and we know the importance of OT.  Go for Fitts?  Or stick with the program and get a solid OT.  Or, sell the Fitts pick to someone and get lots for it.  Lot of options to be had.  Sewell, Slater, Fitts.  Really in a good spot draft wise because any higher, we would've been pressured more to get a QB, any further back and our options are less.  

6 minutes ago, Whatev said:

What scares me is what happens if Fitts is there and we know the importance of OT.  Go for Fitts?  Or stick with the program and get a solid OT.  Or, sell the Fitts pick to someone and get lots for it.  Lot of options to be had.  Sewell, Slater, Fitts.  Really in a good spot draft wise because any higher, we would've been pressured more to get a QB, any further back and our options are less.  

Pitts likely won't make it to 8.  He will go to Atl, Cincinatti, Miami, or Detroit.  All those teams could use an offensive weapon.

I'd take Pitts over Sewell or Slater if I was GM.  It's a deep draft for OT.  And Pitts is an absolute monster.        

I do agree with a few posters above, the pick will likely be Sewell or Slater.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Pitts likely won't make it to 8.  He will go to Atl, Cincinatti, Miami, or Detroit.  All those teams could use an offensive weapon.

I'd take Pitts over Sewell or Slater if I was GM.  It's a deep draft for OT.  And Pitts is an absolute monster.        

I do agree with a few posters above, the pick will likely be Sewell or Slater.

That's my thought as well, but it doesn't take much for a team to jump up and trade to get another QB and it shifts everything.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Whatev said:

That's my thought as well, but it doesn't take much for a team to jump up and trade to get another QB and it shifts everything.  

If Jones goes 3, the odds of us getting Pitts or Sewell go up exponentially.  Then it becomes likely Atlanta either takes QB or trades the pick to a QB hungry team.     That's what I am pulling for.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Putting two tackles at G doesn’t improve their team as much as adding Chase or Pitts. Cincy is definitely not in our situation with a gaping hole at T. They could take Chase and one of the best guards in the league at 37. That’s much better value than Sewell and a WR at 37.

They’ve already said who their tackles are so I kind of believe them. Maybe they love Sewell that much but if I was in a position with two good tackles and a chance to get a game changing WR and a stud G at 37, I’d do that in a heartbeat.

Look at how well Justin Jefferson did last year. Chase in 2019 was easily the best WR on LSU. I just couldn’t pass that up. I’d take G at 37 and G at 69 and call it a day.

ETA: I’ll be honest, I really hope somehow we get Chase at 8. He and Moore (extend him) for the next 5+ years would be the best WR duo and it wouldn’t even be close. I don’t think he’ll drop past all those teams unless we get Jones at 3 and trade ups. Add in Pitts and Sewell and I can dream. Chase, Moore, Anderson and CMC? I just find the best blocking TE, sit him on the left and tear apart Ds. 

While fun, I think I'd have a heart attack if they select a TE or WR with the 8th...not kidding.

I'd pull for him, but would always have wanted the LT in that spot, Slater or Sewell.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Putting two tackles at G doesn’t improve their team as much as adding Chase or Pitts. Cincy is definitely not in our situation with a gaping hole at T. They could take Chase and one of the best guards in the league at 37. That’s much better value than Sewell and a WR at 37.

They’ve already said who their tackles are so I kind of believe them. Maybe they love Sewell that much but if I was in a position with two good tackles and a chance to get a game changing WR and a stud G at 37, I’d do that in a heartbeat.

Look at how well Justin Jefferson did last year. Chase in 2019 was easily the best WR on LSU. I just couldn’t pass that up. I’d take G at 37 and G at 69 and call it a day.

ETA: I’ll be honest, I really hope somehow we get Chase at 8. He and Moore (extend him) for the next 5+ years would be the best WR duo and it wouldn’t even be close. I don’t think he’ll drop past all those teams unless we get Jones at 3 and trade ups. Add in Pitts and Sewell and I can dream. Chase, Moore, Anderson and CMC? I just find the best blocking TE, sit him on the left and tear apart Ds. 

This is the way fans think, but it’s not the way smart teams think. I like Chase a lot. Think he’ll be a great pro. I wouldn’t be pissed if Carolina drafted him so long as they aren’t passing up Sewell to do so. But for Cincinnati, you don’t turn down a chance to add a 15-year fixture at LT because you signed a 32-year old who is an average starter. They’ve got two good starters in Higgins and Boyd. They could stand to add a third guy, but only so many targets to go around. They’d be much better served taking a WR in the middle rounds if they feel like they need one.

But hey, I hope you’re right, because I’d much rather see them make the bad decision at 5.

• Beer 1

As much as I want us to be done with LT for  the next decade. I would consider a few more years of “Can he Play LT” memes for Kyle Pitts. That dude is a beast 

If we can get him and anyone serviceable to play LT then we have one scary ass offense. DJ, Anderson, CMC, Pitts, Arnold.

Lets not forget we lost Mike Davis and Samuel. So while we still have weapons I wouldn’t  be surprised to see Rhule get another huge playmaker.

Edited by OneBadCat