• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sewell

ncfan

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

It’s not true that NFL teams don’t think like that. IMHO, Chase has a higher ceiling than Sewell. Just one man’s opinion but I think Chase is so far above Higgins and Boyd, especially Boyd who they are paying a lot of money. Jonah Williams might be as good as Sewell. Boyd and Higgins are not as good as Chase. Chase could be Moss level good 

Again, teams should hopefully be smart and know that they would be better off with Chase and say Leatherwood who could play G and take over for Reiff, if he moves on.

I don’t think I’m talking Madden moves here, just think moving Williams to G would be a waste considering the OL talent in day 2 this year. You have to take into consideration the strengths of the draft.

You act like the class is devoid of WR talent. Probably 15-ish of the top 100 players in this draft are WRs. It is much easier to evaluate and develop a WR than OL today with the limited contact practices. 

They aren't better off with Chase and Leatherwood. Why is it a waste to play Jonah Williams at guard and then move him when Reiff moves on? Or just play Reiff at guard? That makes no sense if you're advocating they do the same with Leatherwood. 

I think it’s going to be a panic for qb early on, I got Sewell as the best player even better than Lawrence . Sewell would be a highway robbery if we were to get him , he is the best lineman I have ever seen after watching his film the man is a freak at all levels , I just hope he falls . I’d be fine with him or pitts . I believe we should treat darnold like he’s our draft pick being 23 years old he’s basically a rookies age with nfl experience guy was great in college and showed flashes with a terrible jets team give him weapons and a line and we’ll see full potential. I think this panther team will make a jump and be a play off team and think we are one year removed from becoming a contender 

10 hours ago, MrPickles said:

Penei's "little" brother Noah also turned a lot of high school kids in Utah into grease spots. Too bad there arent anymore Sewell's in the pipeline. Each version seems to be better than the previous.

Where is he at??

Future FB, special teams players??

Current pff line grades. Jesus i wouldn't be upset with 3 or so OL selections in the draft. We only have 1 (Moton) starter quality OL on our roster. Yikes. 

Dennis Daley - 64

Pat Elflein - 48

Cameron Erving - 58

Mike Horton - n/a 

Martez Ivey - n/a 

Matt Kaskey - n/a

Greg Little - 44

Aaron Monteiro - n/a

Taylor Moton - 81

Matt Paradis - 63

Trent Scott - 60

Sam Tecklenburg - n/a

John Miller - 61

Edited by Agent Blue
  • Pie 1

We're in a terrific position to build up our o-line with this draft. Our first pick could reasonably be the best LT in the draft, and our second pick could be the best OG prospect in Alijah Vera-Tucker. Building a great o-line will help us to properly evaluate Darnold, and he won't have the excuse of the o-line not protecting him. Protect Darnold and if dump him if he poops the bed this coming season.

• Pie 4