• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater

TheSpecialJuan

Just because multiple teams have inquired/shown interest in potentially trading for Teddy doesn't mean he's going to garner a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  If that's what the Panthers ask for, these teams will hang up the phone having done their due diligence because Teddy isn't worth that much.  Yes, teams are QB desperate this offseason, but with his contract, the best we can hope for from Teddy is going to be a mid- to late-1st round pick.  If he's moved, I'd guess we can get a 4th or 5th for him at best.

13 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

the best we can hope for from Teddy is going to be a mid- to late-1st round pick.

Can u clarify what u mean here since you also stated the best we could probably get for him is a 4th or 5th? It’s early and my reading comprehension might be lacking 

26 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Can u clarify what u mean here since you also stated the best we could probably get for him is a 4th or 5th? It’s early and my reading comprehension might be lacking 

Also early for me. 😆.  Shouldn't say 1st in there. I would edit, but since you've quoted the post, I can't.  

Edited by woahfraze
  • Pie 1

Bears: “I’ll give you a conditional 7th.”

Saints: “I’ve got this old toaster laying around.”

Seahawks: “I’ll take him if you also give me a 6th.”

Bridgewater’s agent to Rappaport: “Multiple teams interested!”

Huddle: “Hot trade market for Teddy!”

• Pie 2
  • Flames 5

If you have a team that can play defense (and with the exception of against the Lions, we couldn't) and has a decent to good line (which we didn't have), Teddy can work really well for a team. He won out with the Saints when called in to duty, partly because he played solid football and had a team that was built to win.

Here, in Carolina, he didn't perform as well and a good part of that was the team around him was not yet built to win. If Carolina carries the guaranteed money, some team can come out of the deal with a solid back-up who can perform well under the right conditions.

New England could certainly get him to back up Cam. Tennessee could use him behind Tannehill. San Francisco could easily use him to back up whoever they draft to play QB. He could back up Rodgers or Dalton in the NFC North, Mayfield in Cleveland or even Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh. Because of the way those teams are built, he could come off the bench and thrive. 

Just because he didn't work out here (and I had hoped he would back in the day), doesn't mean he doesn't have value elsewhere. The Darnold trade didn't just make changes to our QB situation, but it shuffled the riders on the QB carousel that this off-season has been.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Oh it's going to be so fuging funny when Teddy has a better season somewhere else than Darnold has here.

I don't think any team interested in him is likely to offer him a starting opportunity barring injury. 

But, I wouldn't be stunned if he did perform better than Darnold. He performed waaaaay better than him last year.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1