• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

The same posters flaunting that Teddy will have a better year than Sam are probably the same ones that killed him the most when he threw a two yard pass on 4th and 8. 

On the surface it seems pretty contradictory...but it's actually fairly consistent and predictable.  Whichever narrative maximizes the amount of whining about the team, is the one Huddlers will latch onto.  

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Saints are just waiting to see if we cut him.

In no way would I cut him. He gives us options this year and his cap would only hurt us. We can wait till after pre season and the start of the year and if someone gets hurt we will get just as much compensation as now. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

In no way would I cut him. He gives us options this year and his cap would only hurt us. We can wait till after pre season and the start of the year and if someone gets hurt we will get just as much compensation as now. 

In a cash strapped year we may look at it as a smart move?

Designate him a June 1, save 12M this season and put's 10M in dead money into 22.

Or, like you said, keep someone who will be miserable in the locker room, pay him his 22M, and it will still cost us 5M in 22 to cut him...or two seasons of 2.5M in dead money.

So, if we can't trade him, you are adding 12M to this years cap space, and only really costing the team 5M more to do it this season vs. next.  I don't want Teddy anywhere near this team, and I think the feelings are mutual.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not bad at all. We’d only have the $10M dead cap from his $15M signing bonus. That’s money already paid so it was going to hit in 2021/2022 regardless. Trading him is best case as it saves us $10M unless we agree to partially paying the guarantee. We’d only do that if we were getting a pick in return. Pretty sure we aren’t scared of Teddy being the starter anywhere. I’d be happy to see him in NO, really happy.

Thank you.

Wasn't exactly sure how it was structured.  I'll take anything at this point.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Teddy with no line or check down is a scary thought. Gase loved long developing plays with no protection.... sounds familiar?

This is true. Perhaps it would have been worse?

I think Teddy makes decisions fairly quickly, I think he just leans way, way, WAAAAAAAY too conservatively.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1