• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater

TheSpecialJuan

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Better team, yes. 

Better coaching, most likely.

Better organization, very debatable.

They have no 1st round pick on their team since 2012... If you call being terrible in the draft for years hiring a losing Coach (from your division rival) and pretty much being irrelevant since Mark Sanchez was a starting QB a debate with us then have at it.. lol

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

In a cash strapped year we may look at it as a smart move?

Designate him a June 1, save 12M this season and put's 10M in dead money into 22.

Or, like you said, keep someone who will be miserable in the locker room, pay him his 22M, and it will still cost us 5M in 22 to cut him...or two seasons of 2.5M in dead money.

So, if we can't trade him, you are adding 12M to this years cap space, and only really costing the team 5M more to do it this season vs. next.  I don't want Teddy anywhere near this team, and I think the feelings are mutual.

This is a idiotic idea. Yeah let's just eat 22 million because why the fug not. Yeah cutting him is about as idiotic as your statement of him being unhappy tearing the team apart. He's not even a major player in our system. It's like the LS being unhappy. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

They have no 1st round pick on their team since 2012... If you call being terrible in the draft for years hiring a losing Coach (from your division rival) and pretty much being irrelevant since Mark Sanchez was a starting QB a debate with us then have at it.. lol

Well, historically we are a worse franchise.

57 minutes ago, Snake said:

This is a idiotic idea. Yeah let's just eat 22 million because why the fug not. Yeah cutting him is about as idiotic as your statement of him being unhappy tearing the team apart. He's not even a major player in our system. It's like the LS being unhappy. 

If we trade him, we trade his salary, too. That's why reworking his contract is advantageous to both teams. If we just cut him, we eat it all.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, historically we are a worse franchise.

Haha, what? Because the Jets won their only super bowl appearance all the way back in like the 60s? That’s just a silly statement. The Jet’s are a historically bad franchise and I guarantee we have accomplished way more since 1995 than they have without even looking. That 1 pre merger Super Bowl win is literally their only accomplishment in their entire history, not even another conference championship. Just stop.

18 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Teddy doesn't care about that.

No chance.

18 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

He can keep the $7 million and stay here as a "mentor/insurance guy".

Frankly, that's the best course of action for all parties.

That 7 is not guaranteed, panthers could cut him today and hed get only the 10 million. The issue is dead cap for the panthers, that would add up to 15 million in dead cap(rough numbers) this season. Thats the biggest issue cap saving vs dead cap.

Seems like they are on talking terms, teddy could hold firm about wanting ________ . Now it gets messy. His contract has active game bonuses and week one bonus(I think that is tied to 7 million). Panthers *could* use the deactivate tool like Tampa Bay did with Meshawn Johnson. Make up a reason like - " Gave a inappropriate look to Sir Purr". Tell him hes not longer allowed on team grounds. No bonus or NFL snaps for Teddy. They also could wait until the day before the first game of the season to release him too. Now hes faaaar behind and an after thought for teams who already have their 53 rosters set.

I believe its already to the point where Teddys ID card doesnt work nor the number code. Its a understanding of sorts. Teddy may want to stay fresh, get practice reps, and find his bearings on a new team. Its better than losing a prime year of your career. Panthers know Teddy wants a real shot at starting, thats the benefit to Teddy. Panthers would give Chipboard jesus or walker the keys before Teddy at this point. Teddy also needs to be where he is wanted, thats NOT at 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, NC.

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, given that we have reports that they have been shopping him for weeks with no luck and that we gave Teddy the chance to pursue his own trade.....are we sure that Fitterer deserves any credit?

All true. My increase would come form getting Teddys' contract reduced to make it possible for a team to give up an asset. Not buying Ians' report, I believe its teams asking - "when you cut him, can you send us his medicals....k thanks bu-bye" I see it as a turning a negative into a positive, in everything thats a hard task to accomplish.  Fritts talks Teddy/agent into pay cut AND finds a sucker....I....mean smart team looking for a mentor to trade for him..... first time Fritts will give me hope hes legit GM. 

• Beer 1

The folks at PointsBet, at our request during PFT Live, put together odds for the next destination of quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

The Panthers are the favorite at +150, followed by the Broncos at +250, the Texans at +350, the Steelers at +600, the Raiders at +800, the Falcons at +800, the Dolphins at +800, and the Bears and Lions at +1000.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/08/teddy-bridgewater-betting-odds-emerge/

31 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Haha, what? Because the Jets won their only super bowl appearance all the way back in like the 60s? That’s just a silly statement. The Jet’s are a historically bad franchise and I guarantee we have accomplished way more since 1995 than they have without even looking. That 1 pre merger Super Bowl win is literally their only accomplishment in their entire history, not even another conference championship. Just stop.

Well....considering you didn't look us up, I am not surprised.

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well....considering you didn't look us up, I am not surprised.

I don’t have to. You’ve made the statement a couple times but have yet to provide any reasoning behind it. If you’ve got something besides a pre merger super bowl I’d be interested to hear it, otherwise I’ll just assume it’s a troll and cut my losses.

23 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t have to. You’ve made the statement a couple times but have yet to provide any reasoning behind it. If you’ve got something besides a pre merger super bowl I’d be interested to hear it, otherwise I’ll just assume it’s a troll and cut my losses.

Well, you will just have to live with being wrong. I actually did look it up. One day you will understand Google.

Actually, probably not.