• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

That 7 is not guaranteed, panthers could cut him today and hed get only the 10 million. The issue is dead cap for the panthers, that would add up to 15 million in dead cap(rough numbers) this season. Thats the biggest issue cap saving vs dead cap.

Seems like they are on talking terms, teddy could hold firm about wanting ________ . Now it gets messy. His contract has active game bonuses and week one bonus(I think that is tied to 7 million). Panthers *could* use the deactivate tool like Tampa Bay did with Meshawn Johnson. Make up a reason like - " Gave a inappropriate look to Sir Purr". Tell him hes not longer allowed on team grounds. No bonus or NFL snaps for Teddy. They also could wait until the day before the first game of the season to release him too. Now hes faaaar behind and an after thought for teams who already have their 53 rosters set.

I believe its already to the point where Teddys ID card doesnt work nor the number code. Its a understanding of sorts. Teddy may want to stay fresh, get practice reps, and find his bearings on a new team. Its better than losing a prime year of your career. Panthers know Teddy wants a real shot at starting, thats the benefit to Teddy. Panthers would give Chipboard jesus or walker the keys before Teddy at this point. Teddy also needs to be where he is wanted, thats NOT at 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, NC.

What a load of bullshit...

Even Daniel Snyder wouldn't stoop that low...

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, historically we are a worse franchise.

Lol are you serious? Please tell me ur not this dumb because there is no way we’re worse than the Jets. Wow this place has went to crap. You don’t have to pull for Panthers, you know you could choose another team right?

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Lol are you serious? Please tell me ur not this dumb because there is no way we’re worse than the Jets. Wow this place has went to crap. You don’t have to pull for Panthers, you know you could choose another team right?

I guess you have never heard of Google?

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

The Jets have a ring.

We have zero.

They are a better franchise. 

1 Superbowl and 49 losing seasons in a row is better than 50 winning seasons in a row and 0 Superbowls. 

• Poo 3

I don’t know how you compare a franchise as old as the Jets with one as new as the Panthers. Since we have been a team I feel like we have been more competitive than them, but they had a good run with Rex making their defense pretty good. There are just too many ways to look at it to compare. Both of us are drafting in the top 10 so neither really has bragging rights lately...

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What a load of bullshit...

Even Daniel Snyder wouldn't stoop that low...

All they owe is the 10, panthers can make it easy or get dirty. Again the big issue is panther cap saving vs panther dead cap. They can cut him right now, plus they have one extra post June cut. Most QBs/players want to find their bearings in training camp with new team-mates. Most coaches want QBs on the team asap, that was a reason for Darnold trade. It takes time to learn a new language/verbiage, timing with WRs/TEs, and new environment.  

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Honestly we couldn't have convinced the Jets to just take Teddy with all those picks 

You know they talked about it, much like Houston they gave a "No thanks...." I seen where hoyer is visiting. Hoyer for 1.25 million or Teddy for 10+ million(even if panthers pay some).....hmmm which one, I know the one Id take....but I also wanted Winston for 1 million over Teddy for 2/42 too...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t know how you compare a franchise as old as the Jets with one as new as the Panthers. Since we have been a team I feel like we have been more competitive than them, but they had a good run with Rex making their defense pretty good. There are just too many ways to look at it to compare. Both of us are drafting in the top 10 so neither really has bragging rights lately...

Since the Panthers inaugural season in 1995.....

Panthers:  200 wins, 215 losses, 1 tie

Jets: 183 wins, 233 losses

Playoffs....

Panthers: 9 wins, 8 losses 

Jets: 3 wins, 7 losses

Super Bowl appearances....

Panthers: 2

Jets: 0

Super Bowl wins....

Panthers: 0

Jets: 0

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

The Jets have a ring.

We have zero.

They are a better franchise. 

1 Superbowl and 49 losing seasons in a row is better than 50 winning seasons in a row and 0 Superbowls. 

What the fug are you dumb. We have played half the seasons, they won that SB before most of us was born. Dude we have some morons on this site.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I guess you have never heard of Google?

Google this we have played 26 years. We have been to two SB’s and more playoff games than anything the Jets have down same amount tot time. You’re losing badly on this one lol. You might want to just stop while ur not ahead

• Pie 2