• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater

TheSpecialJuan

6 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

If we trade him, we trade his salary, too. That's why reworking his contract is advantageous to both teams. If we just cut him, we eat it all.

If all things are equal it's better to get picks and eat that cap than just eating it like what the other dude said. Reworking his contract would be difficult with just one year left and no reason for him to stay. 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Since the Panthers inaugural season in 1995.....

Panthers:  200 wins, 215 losses, 1 tie

Jets: 183 wins, 233 losses

Playoffs....

Panthers: 9 wins, 8 losses 

Jets: 3 wins, 7 losses

Super Bowl appearances....

Panthers: 2

Jets: 0

Super Bowl wins....

Panthers: 0

I almost forgot about that damn tie...that was a Rivera special for sure.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Since the Panthers inaugural season in 1995.....

Panthers:  200 wins, 215 losses, 1 tie

Jets: 183 wins, 233 losses

Playoffs....

Panthers: 9 wins, 8 losses 

Jets: 3 wins, 7 losses

Super Bowl appearances....

Panthers: 2

Super Bowl wins....

Panthers: 0

Look up how many winning seasons and back-to-back winning seasons we have each had in that period.

Teddy gets $10 mil if we cut him....  so do a 2 year $12 mil with $6 mil this year (for trading and cap purposes). All guaranteed and next years $6 mil paid by the Panthers (as a bonus this year). Then I can see someone trading a 3rd to 4th round pick to get him. 

Teddy makes an extra $2 mil plus what he can get next year. Best scenario.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Look up how many winning seasons and back-to-back winning seasons we have each had in that period.

If you want that information, then look it up, I could care less. I was only answering the other OP who mentioned that "since we have become a team he felt we had been more competitive than them"

Well, I posted the numbers "since" we became a franchise, whats so hard to understand about that?

The word "since" means the entire body of work, not a couple back to back seasons. In that body of work, the Panthers have more wins, less losses, more playoff wins, and more SB appearances. 

Edit: When you look up those back to back winning seasons, don't forget tge back to back losing seasons.

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

Once Teddy beats out Sam for the starting position, I do think Sam will prove to be much more capable backup for Teddy than PJ was.

However, it’s clear Teddy needs more weapons and a healthy year from CMC would be a good start. Also need  to shore up the O line to better protect Teddy and give him time to get the ball down the field.

Just now, BigTeddyFan said:

Once Teddy beats out Sam for the starting position, I do think Sam will prove to be much more capable backup for Teddy than PJ was.

However, it’s clear Teddy needs more weapons and a healthy year from CMC would be a good start. Also need  to shore up the O line to better protect Teddy and give him time to get the ball down the field.

new gimmick poster, yay

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:35 PM, Mr. Scot said:
On 4/7/2021 at 8:32 PM, Waldo said:

Good backup but I assume they rework the deal some way? 

Rapoport said he's open to reworking it if it helps get a deal done.

I've said a few times that he'd be one of the best backups in the league, like he was in 2019. He just has no reason to be a fulltime starter. It would definitely behoove him rework his deal. Backups quickly get forgotten if they're riding the pine. He was able to pull off a good deal last year by stringing together a few good games in 2019, and Dalton did the same thing this year. Someone will be desperate enough in 2022 to consider starting him.

• Beer 1