• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Cam only comes in in the red zone and for the 4th quarter. This could actually work!

Just put Newton at RB and have him throw occasionally. Just how NE used him but with another QB on the field.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

On 4/8/2021 at 3:39 AM, CPsinceDay1 said:

Say Teddy gets traded to WFT and next year they go deep in the playoffs and Sam sucks.

Is the staff at fault then???

Or will there be more excuses...

Cam look better than Teddy before he caught Covid-19, I'm just saying.

Teddy might do good over there, and Rhule might look like he can't evaluate QBs

Olivia MIGHT dump CMC and decide to jump on my fat, 48 year old ass...

Actually, with WFT's D, and their weak AF division, they could get deep into the playoffs with just minor upgrades on offense. Although, I have to admit, i haven't followed their offseason.

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

what a weird hill to die on....

7 winning seasons out of 27 is not what I would call a successful franchise.

Frankly, it is pretty likely to be 7 out of 28 after 2021 and would be our 3rd streak of at least 4 straight seasons without a winning record. Our longest being 6 years. 

The Jets have less consecutive losing seasons than we do and have not had as long of a steak of futility in that span.

Just pointing out that we don't have many franchises we can legitimately poo on.

After all, we are the only team in NFL history to not have consecutive winning seasons. 

58 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

LOL.....you going back to Namath? How many years was that before you were born? Since our actual existence we got them easily. 

Easily? Lol.....I would disagree with that. Our highs have been high but we are in the bottom 5 of the NFL in winning seasons in the span of our existence. Hard to beat that for futility.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Frankly, it is pretty likely to be 7 out of 28 after 2021 and would be our 3rd streak of at least 4 straight seasons without a winning record. Our longest being 6 years. 

The Jets have less consecutive losing seasons than we do and have not had as long of a steak of futility in that span.

Just pointing out that we don't have many franchises we can legitimately poo on.

After all, we are the only team in NFL history to not have consecutive winning seasons. 

Pretty much everything you're citing though came under the prior ownership and braintrust.

Tepper is still an incomplete to me.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, he has never had even one winning season. Not sure that will really be a point in his favor. 

He also never had his own people in charge till this season.

I've said elsewhere that I don't count the Jerry Richardson era as having ended until the day Marty Hurney was fired.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He also never had his own people in charge till this season.

I've said elsewhere that I don't count the Jerry Richardson era as having ended until the day Marty Hurney was fired.

I wouldn't necessarily argue against your point, however you are also the guy that refused to give Hurney credit for the players he drafted that Gettleman took advantage of.

You gotta be consistent on that. As you often said in those discussions, the wins and losses are what matters. Tepper has presided over one of the worst three years spans in franchise history(sadly, there are more to choose from than you would think).

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't necessarily argue against your point, however you are also the guy that refused to give Hurney credit for the players he drafted that Gettleman took advantage of.

You gotta be consistent on that. As you often said in those discussions, the wins and losses are what matters. Tepper has presided over one of the worst three years spans in franchise history(sadly, there are more to choose from than you would think).

Keeping Marty in place was absolutely Tepper's fault. He has to own that, and from things he's said since the firing I think he knows it.

What happens from here forward is what's most important now, though. And one of the biggest criteria to me is his willingness to butt out and let the football people he hired do their jobs.

Based on Person's story about the Darnold process, it sounds like he's doing that.

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

no, i was referring to you spending hours on a message board defending the jets from not being one of the worst franchises in nfl history. Just a weird argument to have a desire to have...

see ya johnny rocco GIF by Warner Archive

Edited by TheCasillas