• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Prediction

I expect for the Panthers to trade down from the 8th pick if Penei Sewell isn’t available or the Panthers do not like a quarterback that is available. Seattle has traded down in the draft more than a hand full of times during the Pete Carroll and John Schneider era. We just filled a huge need at cornerback by signing AJ Bouye. Corner is no longer a need anymore in the first two rounds of the draft this month. Sorry for the Patrick Surtain or Jaycee Horn fans out there. The Panthers will attempt to get a 2nd round pick back from the Sam Darnold trade. Many teams will be trying to trade up into the top 10 for someone they really like and the Panthers are at a great spot to make a deal. Panthers fans, don’t get too drunk early. We may have to wait just a bit longer to see our pick announced on draft night. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I think if one of the non-Jones QBs is available, they probably will take him.  But that would also be an attractive trade target for sure.

But other than a QB, I'm not sure there will be a big market to trade down.  Maybe if Pitts is still on the board, and some team is sold on him... I don't see anyone trading up for one of the defensive players, and there's good value there for us so it isn't like we NEED to trade down.

• Pie 1

LT- Sewell or Slater seem like obvious choices. If Pitts falls (he won’t) he would make a nice offense with CMC, Moore, and Anderson... I still think we aren’t set on Darnold if a prospect we like falls. I wouldn’t be angry if we drafted Chase (he is going to be one hell of a WR in the NFL). Our staff has put us in a great position to let the draft fall to us. We just need a LT in the first two rounds and we should have a decent looking roster on paper/potential.

• Pie 4

Fit has said it, Rhule has said it.  We have set the team up to pick the best guy at our disposal.

We're not shoehorned into any particular guy or position. 

At #8, we're getting a top talent in the draft, likely the best or 2nd best at their position with QBs going 1-2-3.

If it is a trade down, we should still stay in the top 12-15 (the top tier this year) NE may want to jump Denver so that's the big possibility.  Otherwise, I just don't see it.

We're going to miss out on some top talent with a trade down and probably get a 2nd and some change.  I'd rather just stay put.

• Pie 6
11 minutes ago, davos said:

Fit has said it, Rhule has said it.  We have set the team up to pick the best guy at our disposal.

At #8, we're getting a top talent in the draft, likely the best or 2nd best at their position with QBs going 1-2-3.

If it is a trade down, we should still stay in the top 12-15 (the top tier this year) NE may want to jump Denver so that's the big possibility.  Otherwise, I just don't see it.

We're going to miss out on some top talent with a trade down and probably get a 2nd and some change.  I'd rather just stay put.

Saw the same information.. u speak truth!! Out of desperation mode!! Get BPA or best fit!!

• Pie 2
52 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think if one of the non-Jones QBs is available, they probably will take him.  But that would also be an attractive trade target for sure.

But other than a QB, I'm not sure there will be a big market to trade down.  Maybe if Pitts is still on the board, and some team is sold on him... I don't see anyone trading up for one of the defensive players, and there's good value there for us so it isn't like we NEED to trade down.

Teams will want to trade up for a QB, Surtain, Horn, Parsons or Slater. If Pitts is still available at 8, expect many phone calls. 

47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

LT- Sewell or Slater seem like obvious choices. If Pitts falls (he won’t) he would make a nice offense with CMC, Moore, and Anderson... I still think we aren’t set on Darnold if a prospect we like falls. I wouldn’t be angry if we drafted Chase (he is going to be one hell of a WR in the NFL). Our staff has put us in a great position to let the draft fall to us. We just need a LT in the first two rounds and we should have a decent looking roster on paper/potential.

I love Sewell, Fields or Lance at 8. I’m warming up now to Pitts because of the Darnold trade. But, I think that if we can trade down with Sewell not being available we will. This is a heavy deep OL class that we could still get someone like Eichenberg, Teven Jenkins or Radunz mid to late 1st. 

• Pie 1
42 minutes ago, Jon erickson said:

I've been crushing mock drafts moving back in the 1st, picking up an extra 2 and 4. Plenty of OL and Secondary talent in the first 4 rounds to fill out the roster, and possibly grab Jamie Newman later for backup/developmental QB.

If we could trade down and get Mond in the 3rd, that would be awesome. However, with all the QBs that could be taken in the 1st I don’t think he would be there in the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, davos said:

I agree with you. But Fit is from the Carroll-Schneider tree that has shown they are willing to trade down. With most of our needs being filled, it makes it less difficult for us to be forced into taking someone at 8 based on needs. 

Edited by Trainwreck

This all hinges on one thing, what Atlanta does. If they Pick a QB, or trade back. The real draft starts at #4. Falcons dictate how the rest of the draft will go. 

If they take Pitts, one of those Tackles will fall. if they trade away to a team that picks a QB, Pitts will fall and 2 tackles, how far I don't know. But at 8 we are primed to take a good blue chip player. 

Scenario will be taking that Blue chip player or trading down for more capital and regaining what you spent for Darnold. Either is fine by me. 

• Pie 3