Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Draft Prediction


Recommended Posts

I expect for the Panthers to trade down from the 8th pick if Penei Sewell isn’t available or the Panthers do not like a quarterback that is available. Seattle has traded down in the draft more than a hand full of times during the Pete Carroll and John Schneider era. We just filled a huge need at cornerback by signing AJ Bouye. Corner is no longer a need anymore in the first two rounds of the draft this month. Sorry for the Patrick Surtain or Jaycee Horn fans out there. The Panthers will attempt to get a 2nd round pick back from the Sam Darnold trade. Many teams will be trying to trade up into the top 10 for someone they really like and the Panthers are at a great spot to make a deal. Panthers fans, don’t get too drunk early. We may have to wait just a bit longer to see our pick announced on draft night. 

  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if one of the non-Jones QBs is available, they probably will take him.  But that would also be an attractive trade target for sure.

But other than a QB, I'm not sure there will be a big market to trade down.  Maybe if Pitts is still on the board, and some team is sold on him... I don't see anyone trading up for one of the defensive players, and there's good value there for us so it isn't like we NEED to trade down.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LT- Sewell or Slater seem like obvious choices. If Pitts falls (he won’t) he would make a nice offense with CMC, Moore, and Anderson... I still think we aren’t set on Darnold if a prospect we like falls. I wouldn’t be angry if we drafted Chase (he is going to be one hell of a WR in the NFL). Our staff has put us in a great position to let the draft fall to us. We just need a LT in the first two rounds and we should have a decent looking roster on paper/potential.

  • Pie 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fit has said it, Rhule has said it.  We have set the team up to pick the best guy at our disposal.

We're not shoehorned into any particular guy or position. 

At #8, we're getting a top talent in the draft, likely the best or 2nd best at their position with QBs going 1-2-3.

If it is a trade down, we should still stay in the top 12-15 (the top tier this year) NE may want to jump Denver so that's the big possibility.  Otherwise, I just don't see it.

We're going to miss out on some top talent with a trade down and probably get a 2nd and some change.  I'd rather just stay put.

  • Pie 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, davos said:

Fit has said it, Rhule has said it.  We have set the team up to pick the best guy at our disposal.

We're not shoehorned into any particular guy or position. 

At #8, we're getting a top talent in the draft, likely the best or 2nd best at their position with QBs going 1-2-3.

If it is a trade down, we should still stay in the top 12-15 (the top tier this year) NE may want to jump Denver so that's the big possibility.  Otherwise, I just don't see it.

We're going to miss out on some top talent with a trade down and probably get a 2nd and some change.  I'd rather just stay put.

Saw the same information.. u speak truth!! Out of desperation mode!! Get BPA or best fit!!

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think if one of the non-Jones QBs is available, they probably will take him.  But that would also be an attractive trade target for sure.

But other than a QB, I'm not sure there will be a big market to trade down.  Maybe if Pitts is still on the board, and some team is sold on him... I don't see anyone trading up for one of the defensive players, and there's good value there for us so it isn't like we NEED to trade down.

Teams will want to trade up for a QB, Surtain, Horn, Parsons or Slater. If Pitts is still available at 8, expect many phone calls. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

LT- Sewell or Slater seem like obvious choices. If Pitts falls (he won’t) he would make a nice offense with CMC, Moore, and Anderson... I still think we aren’t set on Darnold if a prospect we like falls. I wouldn’t be angry if we drafted Chase (he is going to be one hell of a WR in the NFL). Our staff has put us in a great position to let the draft fall to us. We just need a LT in the first two rounds and we should have a decent looking roster on paper/potential.

I love Sewell, Fields or Lance at 8. I’m warming up now to Pitts because of the Darnold trade. But, I think that if we can trade down with Sewell not being available we will. This is a heavy deep OL class that we could still get someone like Eichenberg, Teven Jenkins or Radunz mid to late 1st. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jon erickson said:

I've been crushing mock drafts moving back in the 1st, picking up an extra 2 and 4. Plenty of OL and Secondary talent in the first 4 rounds to fill out the roster, and possibly grab Jamie Newman later for backup/developmental QB.

If we could trade down and get Mond in the 3rd, that would be awesome. However, with all the QBs that could be taken in the 1st I don’t think he would be there in the 3rd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davos said:

Fit has said it, Rhule has said it.  We have set the team up to pick the best guy at our disposal.

We're not shoehorned into any particular guy or position. 

At #8, we're getting a top talent in the draft, likely the best or 2nd best at their position with QBs going 1-2-3.

If it is a trade down, we should still stay in the top 12-15 (the top tier this year) NE may want to jump Denver so that's the big possibility.  Otherwise, I just don't see it.

We're going to miss out on some top talent with a trade down and probably get a 2nd and some change.  I'd rather just stay put.

I agree with you. But Fit is from the Carroll-Schneider tree that has shown they are willing to trade down. With most of our needs being filled, it makes it less difficult for us to be forced into taking someone at 8 based on needs. 

Edited by Trainwreck
Link to post
Share on other sites

This all hinges on one thing, what Atlanta does. If they Pick a QB, or trade back. The real draft starts at #4. Falcons dictate how the rest of the draft will go. 

If they take Pitts, one of those Tackles will fall. if they trade away to a team that picks a QB, Pitts will fall and 2 tackles, how far I don't know. But at 8 we are primed to take a good blue chip player. 

Scenario will be taking that Blue chip player or trading down for more capital and regaining what you spent for Darnold. Either is fine by me. 

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • BELIEVE!!!

    jimmy-clausen.jpg

     

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • First off, I'm about tired of some of you not getting the point. We're not kids here. The point is should we re-sign Moore at somewhere presumably near 18-20-ish mil per year (maybe more with market inflation). The Giants paid Kenny Golladay 18 mil a year. The next best offer for his services  was reportedly  between 11-12 million. The Giants overpaid when no one else was willing to even get close to that!  It is my opinion that Moore is a good receiver. His production has been good (and, no, I'm not going to split hairs about QBs because most receivers have to play with imperfect QBs). D.J. has been good, but not great. That's just what it is. "Great" in reference to Moore can only be found on the Huddle. He's a good receiver that opposing DCs aren't overly concerned with game planning for at this point in his career. Whether he'll take another step remains to be seen, but if he does, he's going to have to improve upon his route running, and make himself a "bigger" target. He only has 10 TDs in three years! You can't attribute all of that to QB play. Being that he is good, he deserves a good contract, just not a great one. If he comes out and dominates games consistently this coming season and has a season like Golladay in 2019 or maybe even a Justin Jefferson 2020 type of season, then we can talk about that great money, but if his 2021 season is the same as his last three, then you have to ask, "Are we going to pay D.J. top dollar even though he's never played to top-dollar level?" For me, it's as simple as that!  if you guys don't like it--well I would prefer that you actually understand the argument--tough! 
    • Sewell - best player at greatest position of need.  “They (BPA) are more like guidelines than actual rules”
×
×
  • Create New...