Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

You know as much as I hate the idea of taking a TE. Pitts just seems to be man up against boys.  

I know we need O-lineman bad but we could get a decent OT with our 2nd round pick. 

Pitts would be a nightmare in our offense.  Defenses having to worry about the TE and CMC out of the backfield. 

I just can't wait until the draft is over so the guessing will be complete.   So many variables and as I said a month or so ago.  If we address our needs in free agency (even if they aren't top tier) We could go any position in the draft.

 

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very possible we trade down, but people why are people treating the AJ Bouye signing as having eliminated the need for a CB.  He's a reclamation project whose recent play has nowhere close to lived up to his big name.  We can't count on him playing like the All Pro he was in 2017, so if the staff feels that a CB is the BPA on the board early in the draft, whether that be at 8 or mid-1st round after a trade, or in the 2nd, they will take that CB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This year will be even harder to accurately assess talent and there will be lots of early picks that are just Ok, and some late ones that are great. Look at the different prospect rankings and there’s quite a bit of variability. Doing mocks, depending on which one you do, you can get someone in the top 50 in one mock, and be number 200 in another.

Trading down may be the safest plan if there’s somebody coveted at 8.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you fam. But Seattle isnt typically drafting in the top 10 of the draft. Top Talent at any position is being pushed down because of the perceived QB run. Even if Penei or Slater arent there, there is still OT depth in this draft. In THIS years draft, the heisman winner will literallly be there. Im not saying we take him... Im just saying that level of talent will still be at 8. I wouldnt get too cute with this one. BPA + need.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You know as much as I hate the idea of taking a TE. Pitts just seems to be man up against boys.  

I know we need O-lineman bad but we could get a decent OT with our 2nd round pick. 

Pitts would be a nightmare in our offense.  Defenses having to worry about the TE and CMC out of the backfield. 

I just can't wait until the draft is over so the guessing will be complete.   So many variables and as I said a month or so ago.  If we address our needs in free agency (even if they aren't top tier) We could go any position in the draft.

 

If Atlanta can move the number 4 pick, I think he's there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is how I see this, and I have shared this bounty of wisdom on prior threads, however, much to my chagrin, without much fanfare.  However, it takes time for sheer brilliance to sink in, so I am waiting for the Huddle epiphanies (in the form of "AHA!" and gasps) to ring through the Dell like church bells in a Dickens movie.  Where was I...

Oh yeah.  If you take QBs off the board, we are picking 3rd or 4th.  To me, there are 3 players who rise above the others at their positions--even when placed among the best of the best.  They are

  • Chase
  • Sewell
  • Pitts

Do you trade back, add a pick, and take a lesser player?  All of these are pro bowlers and will dominate for a decade.  Is volume going to rule over quality?  I do not think so--maybe with Chase, but how do you leave Pitts or Sewell on the board and trade back?

Some like Slater better than Sewell.  That is a mistake.  Slater is more finesse, like Gross, I suppose, but Sewell will punish you and he does not make the mistakes of an overly-aggressive tackle.  The difference is slight, but there is a difference.  Nothing wrong with Gross II, except when there is quite Possibly a Joe Thomas II on the board.

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is how I see this, and I have shared this bounty of wisdom on prior threads, however, much to my chagrin, without much fanfare.  However, it takes time for sheer brilliance to sink in, so I am waiting for the Huddle epiphanies (in the form of "AHA!" and gasps) to ring through the Dell like church bells in a Dickens movie.  Where was I...

Oh yeah.  If you take QBs off the board, we are picking 3rd or 4th.  To me, there are 3 players who rise above the others at their positions--even when placed among the best of the best.  They are

  • Chase
  • Sewell
  • Pitts

Do you trade back, add a pick, and take a lesser player?  All of these are pro bowlers and will dominate for a decade.  Is volume going to rule over quality?  I do not think so--maybe with Chase, but how do you leave Pitts or Sewell on the board and trade back?

Some like Slater better than Sewell.  That is a mistake.  Slater is more finesse, like Gross, I suppose, but Sewell will punish you and he does not make the mistakes of an overly-aggressive tackle.  The difference is slight, but there is a difference.  Nothing wrong with Gross II, except when there is quite Possibly a Joe Thomas II on the board.

I agree with you on all fronts.

"With the 8th pick in the 202.....oh, NVM, Panthers select Penei Sewell, Tackle Oregon".

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is how I see this, and I have shared this bounty of wisdom on prior threads, however, much to my chagrin, without much fanfare.  However, it takes time for sheer brilliance to sink in, so I am waiting for the Huddle epiphanies (in the form of "AHA!" and gasps) to ring through the Dell like church bells in a Dickens movie.  Where was I...

Oh yeah.  If you take QBs off the board, we are picking 3rd or 4th.  To me, there are 3 players who rise above the others at their positions--even when placed among the best of the best.  They are

  • Chase
  • Sewell
  • Pitts

Do you trade back, add a pick, and take a lesser player?  All of these are pro bowlers and will dominate for a decade.  Is volume going to rule over quality?  I do not think so--maybe with Chase, but how do you leave Pitts or Sewell on the board and trade back?

Some like Slater better than Sewell.  That is a mistake.  Slater is more finesse, like Gross, I suppose, but Sewell will punish you and he does not make the mistakes of an overly-aggressive tackle.  The difference is slight, but there is a difference.  Nothing wrong with Gross II, except when there is quite Possibly a Joe Thomas II on the board.

It truly is a no lose position.  The point of perennial pro bowlers is accurate.

I do believe that teams will trade up ahead of us to get the two remaining QBs. 

As I stated earlier Pitts would be such a nightmare but TE doesn't seem to be Brady's forte.  Than again we didn't really have a TE that could be dominate like Pitts.

Sewell will be hard to pass on especially since our LT position has been a turnstile since Gross retire.

Chase to me is a luxury pick which really won't fit any of our needs.

You didn't list Surtain who would solidify our defense even though we signed Bouye. 

As long as we don't do a WTF like drafting a player like Butler I'll be content with whoever they chose.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, woahfraze said:

Very possible we trade down, but people why are people treating the AJ Bouye signing as having eliminated the need for a CB.  He's a reclamation project whose recent play has nowhere close to lived up to his big name.  We can't count on him playing like the All Pro he was in 2017, so if the staff feels that a CB is the BPA on the board early in the draft, whether that be at 8 or mid-1st round after a trade, or in the 2nd, they will take that CB.

Bouye is only 29 and was still playing at a high level until last season on the Broncos. We might not have a clear cut number 1 corner but what we have is good depth now. Bouye, Donte, Pride, Melvin and Stantley. I do expect us to draft a corner in the draft but look for that later in the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Here is how I see this, and I have shared this bounty of wisdom on prior threads, however, much to my chagrin, without much fanfare.  However, it takes time for sheer brilliance to sink in, so I am waiting for the Huddle epiphanies (in the form of "AHA!" and gasps) to ring through the Dell like church bells in a Dickens movie.  Where was I...

Oh yeah.  If you take QBs off the board, we are picking 3rd or 4th.  To me, there are 3 players who rise above the others at their positions--even when placed among the best of the best.  They are

  • Chase
  • Sewell
  • Pitts

Do you trade back, add a pick, and take a lesser player?  All of these are pro bowlers and will dominate for a decade.  Is volume going to rule over quality?  I do not think so--maybe with Chase, but how do you leave Pitts or Sewell on the board and trade back?

Some like Slater better than Sewell.  That is a mistake.  Slater is more finesse, like Gross, I suppose, but Sewell will punish you and he does not make the mistakes of an overly-aggressive tackle.  The difference is slight, but there is a difference.  Nothing wrong with Gross II, except when there is quite Possibly a Joe Thomas II on the board.

It’ll be hard to pass on Sewell. It’ll be hard to pass on a future 1st rounder too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It truly is a no lose position.  The point of perennial pro bowlers is accurate.

I do believe that teams will trade up ahead of us to get the two remaining QBs. 

As I stated earlier Pitts would be such a nightmare but TE doesn't seem to be Brady's forte.  Than again we didn't really have a TE that could be dominate like Pitts.

Sewell will be hard to pass on especially since our LT position has been a turnstile since Gross retire.

Chase to me is a luxury pick which really won't fit any of our needs.

You didn't list Surtain who would solidify our defense even though we signed Bouye. 

As long as we don't do a WTF like drafting a player like Butler I'll be content with whoever they chose.

I don’t know if I could trade down if Sewell is available. A team would have to give me a deal that I couldn’t resist. Pitts and Chase or any receivers in the 1st round is a luxury. It would be more difficult to trade down if Fields or Lance are to be available. It could cost Fitterer or Rhule’s job if Darnold doesn’t work out and you passed on one of them. 

Edited by Trainwreck
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...