• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams kills 5 and himself

Dude snapped over something. Mental illness, evil, a combination, whatever you want to attribute it to, it's simply another horrible moment in a fuged up America!

• Beer 2
Just now, Captroop said:

I still say the way to save the sport is to make it more like rugby. I think counterintuitively, rather than trying to make making the equipment better and "safer," we should just do away with it. If you get rid of the shoulder pads and helmets, I believe the game will get safer naturally. Without the pads, players will be less inclined to use their body like a weapon.

This is absolutely true but will be looked at as blasphemy. Rugby players don’t spear or run in chaos because the result is injury. The tackle properly because they have to. But anyone that suggests this will be shamed as inconsiderate. But I agree with you. This would be the right step to safer play.

• Poo 1
1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Let's not jump to the CTE conclusion yet. We probably won't know what went on here for quite some time, if we do at all.

Either way, it's fuged up.

I'd take those odds. CTE's a motherfugger.

New images show Aaron Hernandez suffered from extreme case of CTE | NFL |  The Guardian

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Sounds like a Chris Benoit situation. Much will be said about CTE but more should be said about the victims. How many former athletes who have suffered CTE manage to not commit murder? Seems like the brain injuries in these kinds of instances only further contribute to something that's already off.

• Poo 1

After I heard this story, I looked up the info on the doctor since he was local to me.

Turns out I went to the urgent care where he worked and was treated by him for a rash on my leg a few months ago.

Damn!

• Beer 1
12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Let's not jump to the CTE conclusion yet. We probably won't know what went on here for quite some time, if we do at all.

Either way, it's fuged up.

I’m tired of CTE being used as the excuse when a former NFL player go and kill someone. Luke Kuechly has endured multiple concussions in his short career. Let me know when Luke goes out and do something something like this. Then I’ll believe that CTE is the problem. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 6
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

After I heard this story, I looked up the info on the doctor since he was local to me.

Turns out I went to the urgent care where he worked and was treated by him for a rash on my leg a few months ago.

Damn!

His grandkids were also murdered. 

Just now, Trainwreck said:

His grandkids were also murdered. 

Pretty much his whole family from what I've read, and a guy who just happened to be there.

Horrible story.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sounds like a Chris Benoit situation. Much will be said about CTE but more should be said about the victims. How many former athletes who have suffered CTE manage to not commit murder? Seems like the brain injuries in these kinds of instances only further contribute to something that's already off.

F this dude and Aaron Hernandez. They’re both cold hearted murderers. Stop blaming CTE.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 3