• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams kills 5 and himself

Just now, Waldo said:

He is only the victim if he didn't contribute to the situation. Chill out. The facts are few and you are jumping to conclusion he is a victim. As I said, the only guaranteed victims are the kids so far. Nothing I stated takes away or presumes innocent or guilt out side of the pure innocents of the children. 

There is no fugging justification because there are so few facts. My example was to show that it can get really complicated. 

It sounds like you are reacting to your emotional response and not accepting that neither you or I know who is a real victim yet outside of the kids for sure. 

What would justifying killing someone?

• Pie 2
Just now, ladypanther said:

What would justifying killing someone?

Why would I try and justify this at all?

I am talking about victims and causality. I do not want to get into possibilities because I feel it belittles the situation and allows the worst in people to come out (or the worst people to come out: see Watson discussions).

I think you are trying to protect the victims which is noble but I am saying the only ones that are 100% victims are the kids at this time. 

• Poo 2

I’m sick of people always wanting to blame something else like society, disorders, other people, inanimate objects,etc. instead of just straight up saying the person was a piece of poo. Plenty of people go through lots of bad situations and don’t commit evil Acts. Some people are just evil.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Well with Bidens EO this will be a thing of the past with red flag laws. Family and friends will be able to remove guns without their permission until they are un sick. 

Edited by Snake
1 hour ago, Captroop said:

I'd take those odds. CTE's a motherfugger.

New images show Aaron Hernandez suffered from extreme case of CTE | NFL |  The Guardian

That is basically the corpus callosum, the intersection of the 2 hemispheres of the brain, the only way the right side can communicate with the left.  When large "holes" develop, the synaptic connections become disengaged, like a part of the bridge being out.  Note that the outer layers of the neo cortex have also become atrophied, which is the result of insufficient gray matter.  His brain was slowly dying. 

Ironically, these same characteristics can be found in abused and neglected children--and even in children who are spanked--I dont care what the law or your religion tells you is right or wrong--research shows that beating children (justified or not) lowers their IQs.  Dr Bruce Perry, a "colleague" who has been interviewed for 2 of my books, shared this photo of 2 3 year old girls (one severly neglected--not beaten):
image.jpeg.e664942874ca5055a2fea78497ed0791.jpeg

So the point is, this can be caused by contact, but there are other forms of trauma that are not physical that can lead to the same results.  

(This is where some scholar responds, "Well I got whooped and I turnt out just fine."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m tired of CTE being used as the excuse when a former NFL player go and kill someone. Luke Kuechly has endured multiple concussions in his short career. Let me know when Luke goes out and do something something like this. Then I’ll believe that CTE is the problem. 

What you believe is irrelevant.  I would wager your opinion is biased an based on exactly ZERO research.  You think you analyze brain deterioration using your good ole common sense?  There are literally dozens of things you said in this simple post that demonstrate a total lack of knowledge, logic, and empathy.  It is a stellar testimony to those who flaunt absurdity like a badge of honor because they think reality only exists in the things they can comprehend.  You are a case study.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1
1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I’m sick of people always wanting to blame something else like society, disorders, other people, inanimate objects,etc. instead of just straight up saying the person was a piece of poo. Plenty of people go through lots of bad situations and don’t commit evil Acts. Some people are just evil.

I'm sure there are outlying factors that can make someone even more evil or prone to even more evil but I agree with you. Some people are born evil and there is no excuse for them what so ever. Adolf Hitler comes to mind. I don't know if he was treated badly as a child or had CTE or not but that guy was going to be an evil piece of poo either way.

Edited by YourLastThought
2 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m tired of CTE being used as the excuse when a former NFL player go and kill someone. Luke Kuechly has endured multiple concussions in his short career. Let me know when Luke goes out and do something something like this. Then I’ll believe that CTE is the problem. 

Not everyone who smokes dies from lung cancer, so let's stop blaming cigarettes for lung cancer.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

That is basically the corpus callosum, the intersection of the 2 hemispheres of the brain, the only way the right side can communicate with the left.  When large "holes" develop, the synaptic connections become disengaged, like a part of the bridge being out.  Note that the outer layers of the neo cortex have also become atrophied, which is the result of insufficient gray matter.  His brain was slowly dying. 

Ironically, these same characteristics can be found in abused and neglected children--and even in children who are spanked--I dont care what the law or your religion tells you is right or wrong--research shows that beating children (justified or not) lowers their IQs.  Dr Bruce Perry, a "colleague" who has been interviewed for 2 of my books, shared this photo of 2 3 year old girls (one severly neglected--not beaten):

So the point is, this can be caused by contact, but there are other forms of trauma that are not physical that can lead to the same results.  

(This is where some scholar responds, "Well I got whooped and I turnt out just fine."

Okay this stuff is concerning and scary any way you look at it regarding the children. Neglect or even spankings can lead to this? I do the best I can with my 11 year old but I know I'm not perfect as a father. Growing up I routinely watched my father rape and choke my mother as well as hit her and talk like filth to her. When I was young my father would kick my ass routinely as well including sticking knives to my throat and putting loaded guns to his head in front of me. My father killed himself in 2006. I never had his brain analyzed of course. I am paranoid of ever being an abusive parent to my chikd so I don't spank or even scream at him. My kid is a very good loving child but occasionally he acts like a jack ass to me yet nobody else. When he acts up by smart mouthing me, I have to raise my voice at him and sometimes take his playstation away or not allow him to play hockey at the rink. Hell, sometimes I get busy with work and am late an hour or so when he is waiting on me to do something he wants to do. Makes me worry I could neglect him or screw up his brain. Where is the happy medium? Those case studies worry me and now I wish I had not read your post unfortunately.

• Beer 1
7 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Okay this stuff is concerning and scary any way you look at it regarding the children. Neglect or even spankings can lead to this? I do the best I can with my 11 year old but I know I'm not perfect as a father. Growing up I routinely watched my father rape and choke my mother as well as hit her and talk like filth to her. When I was young my father would kick my ass routinely as well including sticking knives to my throat and putting loaded guns to his head in front of me. My father killed himself in 2006. I never had his brain analyzed of course. I am paranoid of ever being an abusive parent to my chikd so I don't spank or even scream at him. My kid is a very good loving child but occasionally he acts like a jack ass to me yet nobody else. When he acts up by smart mouthing me, I have to raise my voice at him and sometimes take his playstation away or not allow him to play hockey at the rink. Hell, sometimes I get busy with work and am late an hour or so when he is waiting on me to do something he wants to do. Makes me worry I could neglect him or screw up his brain. Where is the happy medium? Those case studies worry me and now I wish I had not read your post unfortunately.

Damn, dude 😕

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I believe people are not inherently evil. Like a clean slate at birth, what gets written determines how someone turns out. Is it guaranteed to turn out a certain way? Of course not, free will and choice plays a huge role but the idea of a bad seed has been disproven repeatedly using twin studies for example.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Seems the area may also contain parts of the cingulate cortex which regulates emotional functioning. Damage can cause antisocial behavior due to lack of empathy and problems with emotional development and learning.