• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams kills 5 and himself

7 hours ago, Captroop said:

I still say the way to save the sport is to make it more like rugby. I think counterintuitively, rather than trying to make making the equipment better and "safer," we should just do away with it. If you get rid of the shoulder pads and helmets, I believe the game will get safer naturally. Without the pads, players will be less inclined to use their body like a weapon.

but i like seeing them use their body as weapons. sorry but its the honest truth. 

• Beer 1
2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You think CTE starts in the NFL?? Lol

LOL, yep, you're right I just assumed that there's never been a concussion at any level of football before the NFL. Most NFL players are light years ahead of players at a high school level and in some cases college, so I'm saying that I don't think Hernandez got knocked around in middle and high school thus his shooting at people that started at UF was more because he was a violent/evil person than a misunderstood nerd who loved puppies and cotton candy that turned evil because of football.

Got it now?

Edited by stbugs
9 hours ago, stbugs said:

LOL, yep, you're right I just assumed that there's never been a concussion at any level of football before the NFL. Most NFL players are light years ahead of players at a high school level and in some cases college, so I'm saying that I don't think Hernandez got knocked around in middle and high school thus his shooting at people that started at UF was more because he was a violent/evil person than a misunderstood nerd who loved puppies and cotton candy that turned evil because of football.

Got it now?

Well Hernandez didn’t get knocked around much in the NFL either. Even the one doing the knocking can have the same conditions as those being “knocked”. 

It's pretty ignorant to think Aaron Hernandez killings and slayings were from CTE. As much as being a gangster is glorified in the United States, it's pretty clear cut the dude grew up wanted to gangbang from his college days. Using CTE as an excuse for premeditated murder is a pretty poo take lol

Do you guys even read articles or literally any media before giving your ignorant takes. Simple google searches would show you Aaron Hernandez was a Blood Gang Member, was in the Security Threat Group of Prison, for "gang members". 

19 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Let's not jump to the CTE conclusion yet. We probably won't know what went on here for quite some time, if we do at all.

Either way, it's fuged up.

Truth. Given that this kind of mess happens seemingly on a daily basis speaks volumes to a deeper issue that few if any are interested to address. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
12 hours ago, Waldo said:

If the motive is mental problems or plain evil it won't take them long to figure out why such a tragedy took place. The fact they are neighbors is the biggest factor leaving open diffent causes.

They lived a mile apart and the doctor's house was back off from the road and secluded.  Not exactly neighbors.

• Pie 2
18 minutes ago, CRA said:

has it been released what Adams did for employment since his NFL career ended? 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article250520194.html

In the fall, Adams had asked for Casterline’s [ his agent] help in finding a job. Casterline said he would be happy to help if Adams came to live near Dallas, Texas, but Adams did not want to leave South Carolina.

1 hour ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Truth. Given that this kind of mess happens seemingly on a daily basis speaks volumes to a deeper issue that few if any are interested to address. 

While your feelings are hurt enough to be flinging poo in here like it means anything there are people who have lost family members so maybe try making it less about you and have some compassion. Not everything in life is about winning or losing pointless online arguments. There are numerous things that could be done to prevent tragedies like this but there is too much money in keeping the machine going and some people will always put inanimate objects before life.

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

They lived a mile apart and the doctor's house was back off from the road and secluded.  Not exactly neighbors.

The reports said down the road and referred to them as neighbors. I think the cop who was giving the initial press release also said that.