• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are some examples of QBs who were once considered huge busts, but revived their career on another team?

bobowilson

Y'all know about Google, right?

Atlanta Falcons (1991)

Favre was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the second round with the 33rd overall pick in the 1991 NFL Draft.[15] On July 19, 1991, Favre agreed to a three-year, US$1.4 million contract with a reported signing bonus of $350,000.[16] Atlanta head coach Jerry Glanville did not approve of the drafting of Favre, saying it would take a plane crash for him to put Favre into the game.[17] Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown in a game against the Washington Redskins.[18][19] He only attempted four passes in his career at Atlanta, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them. Favre took one other snap, which resulted in a sack for an eleven-yard loss.[20]

Green Bay Packers (1992–2007)

On February 11, 1992, Green Bay Packers general manager Ron Wolf traded a first round pick (19th overall, which would be used for running back Tony Smith) to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for Favre. Wolf, while an assistant to the general manager of the New York Jets, had intended to take Favre in the 1991 NFL Draft, but Favre was taken by the Falcons on the previous pick.[17][19]

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and other sources, during the physical after the trade, Favre was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the hip, the same degenerative condition that ended running back Bo Jackson's football career, and doctors recommended his physical be failed, which would nullify the trade. Wolf overruled them.[19][21]

Favre played 16 seasons in Green Bay. During his time with the Packers, Favre was the first and only NFL player to win three consecutive AP MVP awards.[22] He helped the Packers appear in two Super Bowls, winning Super Bowl XXXI and losing Super Bowl XXXII. Favre started every Packers game from September 20, 1992 to January 20, 2008,[23] a streak of 253 games. The record would continue after he left the Packers, reaching 297 games in the regular season. This remains the all-time record for consecutive starts in the NFL.[24]

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

I may do you one better.  Maybe.  I remember Sonny Jurgeson and Charley Taylor running the two minute hurry up drill like no one has done since.  They ran it to perfection.  If you followed the Skins at that time, you know what I mean.  It was beautiful.

That is a little before my time.  I started following Washington in the mid to late 70's, a couple of years after they went to the Super Bowl with George Allen.

• Pie 1