• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets had an earlier offer on the table

NAS

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

poo. Should have just read the last page lol 

Lots of people out there thinking it’s not true but I dunno...

Apparently the 49ers trading 3 1st rounders to Miami for Mac Jones is though? 

But you’re telling me one 1st rounder for Darnold isn’t believable? 

I could see it being true. 

I mean, I’d wayyyyyyyy rather have Darnold for pick 12 versus Mac Jones for my next 3 1st rounders including pick 12

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Lots of people out there thinking it’s not true but I dunno...

Apparently the 49ers trading 3 1st rounders to Miami for Mac Jones is though? 

But you’re telling me one 1st rounder for Darnold isn’t believable? 

I could see it being true. 

I mean, I’d wayyyyyyyy rather have Darnold for pick 12 versus Mac Jones for my next 3 1st rounders including pick 12

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t it be true. Plus, isn’t it nice to put to bed those silly posts by some in here saying no one wanted him? There have been quite a few reports at this point saying we weren’t his only suitors. 

Edited by Kentucky Panther
  • Pie 2

21 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I think we're missing the bigger takeaway from this story. Kyle Shanahan is considered by many to be a pretty good offensive mind. I guess it's a good sign that he thinks Darnold can improve enough to offer his first round pick. 

This might also be why the Jets wanted a first round pick for Darnold initially. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

If this is indeed true it just goes to show how absolutely dysfunctional  the Jets front office is. They go from getting the 12th pick in this draft for Sam to getting a 4th a 6th and next years 2nd. Although something tells me this report is not true.

22 minutes ago, joemac said:

If this is indeed true it just goes to show how absolutely dysfunctional  the Jets front office is. They go from getting the 12th pick in this draft for Sam to getting a 4th a 6th and next years 2nd. Although something tells me this report is not true.

There’s some context to it. At the time the declined the trade, the Jets were still concerned with Wilson’s shoulder. 

But maybe the whole thing is false. 

31 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

There’s some context to it. At the time the declined the trade, the Jets were still concerned with Wilson’s shoulder. 

But maybe the whole thing is false. 

Right. It’s not as big of a no brainer as some are making it seem.

There are some real concerns about Wilson’s durability and the Jets would’ve been dumb to make that trade before seeing his medicals given his shoulder history. It’s obvious most teams have Lawrence/Wilson 1-2 and then it’s all over the place.

I think it also proves the legitimacy of the reports of the Jets FO being split on keeping Darnold versus trading him 

I still can't believe that the 49ers are going to take Mac at #3. I hope they do, but because I'd love it if Fields or Lance were to fall to #8. It will be really interesting to see what Rhule and Fit do in that scenario. What would you do if Lance and Jones were both still there?

R1 - TL

R2- ZW

R3- Mac

R4- PS

R5- JC

R6- KP

R7- Slater