• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams looking to trade up for quarterbacks

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Darnold is only 23 years old.

As someone mentioned on Twitter, Sewell is only 20.

Just 20 years old...and since he sat out a year, those clips you're watching are of a 19 year old kid throwing people around.

We get this kid, I'm gonna be doing the Snoopy dance.

yes yes, we all get what you're saying but there is no chance he drops to us. NONE. Even if he gets to the Lions, someone could leap frog us and get him. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't want to trade down. I want to stick at 8 and take Penei Sewell or Rashaan Slater.

Having teams trade ahead of us for a quarterback helps that happen.

I'm with you. I think we need one of these two absolute freak o-lineman who I feel like may be monsters for years to come in protecting whatever QB we find that works and sticks

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

That's funny! I just assumed they were like three feet the way a lot of people are talking. Sewell is young and athletic and hasn't reached his ceiling. I heard one scout say that they don't see how Slater can get much better (which was supposed to be a negative). I don't know about that, but Slater looks better to me right now, and I know there's still room for improvement.

I agree! 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Imo if we did draft him you slide Moton to LT and let Sewell start at RT. Just like Gross did his first year. He will still play a good bit of speed rushers but not have to protect the blind side. Darnold has the ability to slide pretty well. That's one of his best abilities. Moton definitely can lock down any side he's on. His strength though allows him to stymie bull rushes better than most though so he's a great RT. You also have Paradise who is a really good signal caller in the middle so that helps Darnold even more. Brady definitely could run his system a lot better with 3 anchors. 

The fact that we basically never use Moton at LT, no matter how dire the scenario, tells me that we are two staffs into not thinking he can be a LT. 

If we take Sewell, let him get his reps at LT and grow. I am okay taking some initial lumps for the sake of development. I have to believe he would be our best LT option day one.

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The fact that we basically never use Moton at LT, no matter how dire the scenario, tells me that we are two staffs into not thinking he can be a LT. 

If we take Sewell, let him get his reps at LT and grow. I am okay taking some initial lumps for the sake of development. I have to believe he would be our best LT option day one.

Actually he did play LT in spots and did quite well. I just think both staffs like him more at RT because of his power. Me personally would rather let him develop and hopefully let us push to the playoffs this year instead of him getting beat by confusing fronts he's never seen before. Talent only takes you so far and while the kid is definitely talented his experience facing good DCs is a bit limited. 

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know if they think he can't play left tackle or they value his ability to play right tackle.  It used to be that playing right tackle was easier and you didn't face as many top notch rushers but that isn't true anymore. We will see if salaries for right tackles will have equaled that of left tackles when we see the deal. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Actually he did play LT in spots and did quite well. I just think both staffs like him more at RT because of his power. Me personally would rather let him develop and hopefully let us push to the playoffs this year instead of him getting beat by confusing fronts he's never seen before. Talent only takes you so far and while the kid is definitely talented his experience facing good DCs is a bit limited. 

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I don't know if they think he can't play left tackle or they value his ability to play right tackle.  It used to be that playing right tackle was easier and you didn't face as many top notch rushers but that isn't true anymore. We will see if salaries for right tackles will have equaled that of left tackles when we see the deal. 

The question is, why didn't we use him that way when we were in dire need last season?

Either way, having competent LT play for a full season would be nice.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The question is, why didn't we use him that way when we were in dire need last season?

Either way, having competent LT play for a full season would be nice.

Because then you have 2 guys changing positions instead of one. If you think the right side is as important as the left then you keep him on the right where he is awesome and keep looking for the left side anchor.