• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NCfans 2021 Mock Draft (April 4 rd)

ncfan

1. Jags: Lawerence 

2. Jets: Wilson

3. SF:  Jones

4. Atl: Kyle Pitts

5.  Bengals: Chase

6.  Trade!  Denver moves up for Fields 

7. Trade! Washington moves up and grabs Trey Lance

8. Penei Sewell: after a Historic run on QBs, the Panthers get the best OL in this entire draft.

46. Richie Grant:  Panthers Trade down with the Patriots who move up for a QB who fell out of rd 1 (I’m looking at Davis Mills here).  Matt Rhule has a crush,  and it’s no secret it’s Richie Grant.  Grant is Safety 2-3 on people’s boards.  I don’t see Rhule waiting around and risk losing him in rd 3.

73.  Ifeatu Melifonwu- Big Athletic Toolsy CB in this stacked CB class.

96. *Via Pats*.   Ben Cleveland: Cleveland is a Big Mauler in the middle at OG.  Impact starter day 1.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 3

Not bad at all and this could very well happen. Its unheard having 5 QB go before 8, but this is the year it may pop the cherry. 

One minor issue is Grant going 2nd is tooo soon for me and I know Rhule raved about him. Safety maybe the one spot with decent depth(depends on Chinn too). I really like Sam Franklin at safety and the coaches like Burris big time. Just not a spot of focus for me in the draft. 

If he makes it past the Bengals it's a very real possiblity. All the signs are pointing to mostly QBs and WRs being taken ahead of us. 

Wouldn't rule out us taking the best defensive player in the draft as well . Don't know exactly who the Panthers believe that is .  IMO it's Pat Surtain but CB may not be a glaring anymore need with the Bouye signing. 

Id simply love a draft that's heavy oline focused . Last draft was Dline focused early doing the same for the oline this year would  wonders imo. 

Edited by Hoenheim

19 hours ago, ncfan said:

1. Jags: Lawerence 

2. Jets: Wilson

3. SF:  Jones

4. Atl: Kyle Pitts

5.  Bengals: Chase

6.  Trade!  Denver moves up for Fields 

7. Trade! Washington moves up and grabs Trey Lance

8. Penei Sewell: after a Historic run on QBs, the Panthers get the best OL in this entire draft.

46. Richie Grant:  Panthers Trade down with the Patriots who move up for a QB who fell out of rd 1 (I’m looking at Davis Mills here).  Matt Rhule has a crush,  and it’s no secret it’s Richie Grant.  Grant is Safety 2-3 on people’s boards.  I don’t see Rhule waiting around and risk losing him in rd 3.

73.  Ifeatu Melifonwu- Big Athletic Toolsy CB in this stacked CB class.

96. *Via Pats*.   Ben Cleveland: Cleveland is a Big Mauler in the middle at OG.  Impact starter day 1.

I would take this draft and never look back.  Hope this happens.  Sewell and Cleveland?  Hell yeah.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Basbear said:

Not bad at all and this could very well happen. Its unheard having 5 QB go before 8, but this is the year it may pop the cherry. 

One minor issue is Grant going 2nd is tooo soon for me and I know Rhule raved about him. Safety maybe the one spot with decent depth(depends on Chinn too). I really like Sam Franklin at safety and the coaches like Burris big time. Just not a spot of focus for me in the draft. 

Richie Grant is the best pure single high safety in the draft (yes even over Moehrig). He will go 2nd round for sure. Whether it's us or not.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Panther Believer said:

Richie Grant is the best pure single high safety in the draft (yes even over Moehrig). He will go 2nd round for sure. Whether it's us or not.

Agreed...he will have some growing pains but he steps in a starts right away IMO.  Grant is a stud

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Panther Believer said:

Safety is my and many other teams least valued spot out of the normal 22. They always drop. I think at the 39th pick the smart pick will be either DL or OL(even if they drafted OL in the 1st). But panthers are not known for smart moves. Plus the best spot for depth on the panthers seems to be safety. 

Hard as it is for me to understand I think DeVonta Smith is being underrated a little here.  He is the top WR IMO and if he goes to a team with a great QB look out.  He cant be covered 1 on 1.

117 rec 1850 yrds and 23 TDs last year on the biggest stage?  That is absolutely ridiculous 

Edited by Shocker