• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore: Only current WR with consecutive 1100+ yard seasons?

Stumpy

Moore is probably realistically somewhere around 20th. If he improves upon his route running and scoring, he'd be ranked higher. I had higher hopes for D.J., just like I had higher hopes for Cam. Cam never took the leap before he got hurt. He was always an athletic freak that used his athleticism to get over, but never honed his skills to the elite level. I'm starting to see DJ the same way. He can be great in spurts, but not on a consistent basis over time.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

17 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Then why did Samuel and McCaffery improve every year as pass catchers with the same QBs as Moore? And Robby demonstrably improved with Teddy.

Because CMC and Samuel last year....catered to players who couldn’t and didn’t want to throw downfield.  

DJ is the X WR

1 hour ago, CRA said:

And this...

I was the one who originally posted this thread forever ago when this tweet came out. Not sure where it’s being “parroted” around but I’m pretty confident I didn’t embellish the stat. And it was about WR getting 1200+ yards from scrimmage two years in a row. WR specifically. 

Not sure what OP is on about. 

edit: here is the thread

Also don’t know where OP got this has been going around for months now when the Tweet is just one month old. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I was the one who originally posted this thread forever ago when this tweet came out. Not sure where it’s being “parroted” around but I’m pretty confident I didn’t embellish the stat. And it was about WR getting 1200+ yards from scrimmage two years in a row. WR specifically. 

It’s me they were calling out for making up DJ Moore stats.  I admit I didn’t look up the technicality.  Thought most knew it as it has been discussed at length and was referencing his feat.  

Just now, CRA said:

It’s me they were calling out for making up DJ Moore stats.  I admit I didn’t look up the technicality.  Thought most knew it as it has been discussed at length and was referencing his feat.  

He’s just being dramatic. Leave it to Panther fans to finally have something nice at WR and still look for reasons to downplay it. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

I already know I’m catching hell for this but I think he’s one of the most overrated players on this roster 

If he's borderline top 10 at his position, what other players can we say that about? 

McCaffrey, Moton.... (insert noone)..

I dont think anyone called him a generational All-Pro.. BUT you have to give the man his credit. Especially when you factor in the amount of receptions. Now imagine his numbers if he had Brees and we actively force fed him the ball ...i.e.. Michael Thomas who had 149 receptions for 1725 yds in his best year.

For comparison. Moore had 66 receptions for 1139 yards last year alone. 

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

Also don’t know where OP got this has been going around for months now when the Tweet is just one month old. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wasn't trying to call out anyone in particular. This has been going around for months on Facebook/Reddit/Twitter/Huddle/etc

There were 2 different stats that both have been floating around. He was the only WR with 1200 from scrimmage both years and the only WR with 1175 receiving yards both years. IDK which came out first, but both only serve to prove that he is middle of the road for starting receivers.

1200 yards for a WR is good for about 10-15 in the league every year for the past 2 decades.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Michael Thomas had the ghost of Drew Brees and Teddy Bridgewater over the same span. Amari Cooper had Andy Dalton and some dude who nobody knows. Diggs & Hopkins changed QBs too, although I'll grant their QBs were better. 

If you watched Michael Thomas and DJ Moore last year and came to the conclusion they're comparable players I don't know how to help you. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

If you watched Michael Thomas and DJ Moore last year and came to the conclusion they're comparable players I don't know how to help you. 

That is exactly my point! 

Except add Jones, Diggs, Hopkins and Jefferson.

Edited by Stumpy

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Its possible OP noticed it while browsing stats, and just didn't see the posts already made about it.

Or....."something"....

3 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

I already know I’m catching hell for this but I think he’s one of the most overrated players on this roster 

Only Panthers fans will fawn over the highest paid running back in the league then turn around and bash their young talented wide receiver on a rookie contract.

• Pie 1