• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There Appear To Be 2 Favorites To Land Teddy Bridgewater

KatsAzz

There will be an offer since multiple teams are kicking the tires and the reality of the free agent market and draft prospects are dire.  Teddy is an experienced, bottom tier starting or elite backup QB.  That has value. I see (possibly) the Seahawks and Bears getting into the mix, in addition to the Broncos and Texans make sense.  I could also see Bridgewater back in New Orleans with that circus at the QB position.

I say Denver, because trading up for the fifth best QB has to be a bummer of a thought to sleep on every night. Dark horse?  New England.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

There will be an offer since multiple teams are kicking the tires and the reality of the free agent market and draft prospects are dire.  Teddy is an experienced, bottom tier starting or elite backup QB.  That has value. I see (possibly) the Seahawks and Bears getting into the mix, in addition to the Broncos and Texans make sense.  I could also see Bridgewater back in New Orleans with that circus at the QB position.

I say Denver, because trading up for the fifth best QB has to be a bummer of a thought to sleep on every night. Dark horse?  New England.

Teddy Bridgewater might be a better fit in New Orleans than any QB they presently have on their roster.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

Teddy Bridgewater might be a better fit in New Orleans than any QB they presently have on their roster.

I think your thread has brought forth some interesting discussion-rework his deal and trade him.  I am not certain teams will wait for him to be cut because there are others interested.  Still, you will have a bigger market after the draft for trades (Minshew, possibly, Garropolo, etc.  But some teams and players seem to be quite content with big name backups (Raiders, Bills, for example).  To be honest, If Atlanta does not draft a QB this year (and they shouldn't) Teddy would be a great backup for Ryan.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Ja Rhule said:

Zero reason to release him.  Above average back-up and adds competition.  

This makes too much sense.  If Darnold struggles or goes down with an injury, the season is not over with TB---as much as that makes people mad--with upgrades to the OL, TE, and CMC returning, we should be OK.  I fully expect the D to be better.

Or we could go with our current backups.    Yikes.

• Pie 2

It really cannot be understated how harshly the front office has handled this since the obvious became crystal clear. I just do not see a scenario where Teddy is here once the season begins. That bridge has been incinerated and sunken deep to the depths of the abyss. There is no going back. The only question now is how will our depth chart look come September? I still think the Panthers take a quarterback at some point in the draft. I like Will Grier as a person and do not blame him for the team drafting him where they did but that pick just isn't going to pan out unless he wakes up one morning suddenly transformed into Pat Mahomes like the movie Big with Tom Hanks.

Just now, Verge said:

I think it will be Denver. 

Which is an interesting choice given their offensive skill players. At this point  in time Teddy seems like he would hamstring them, but maybe they're shifting philosophy (but even then...).