Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

What are the numbers that will make you believe??


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the performance under pressure will be another thing to watch. If he is able to re-program his bad habits when he is scrambling(where his decision making goes to absolute poo), that will be a big factor in him being successful

 

I think the trust level he'll have here will be completely different than there I hope. That could factor into the progression with your point

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

I think the trust level he'll have here will be completely different than there I hope. That could factor into the progression with your point

I guess we will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I think Sam should be able to hit if he is able to:

  • improve his Cmp% by 3% (roughly what Teddy saw when he went from MINN to NO/CAR)
  • improve his TD% by 0.5%
  • decrease his Int% by 0.5%
  • match Teddy in Y/C

spacer.png

I estimated 550 attempts based on Teddy's attempts from last season extrapolated for a 17 game season.

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Individual stats are still reflective of the supporting cast--you cant separate them.  And there is no real reason for them.  Put Tom Brady in NY last year.  Are his stats similar to Tampa?  That would be a big ole bowl of NOPE. 

 

 

Your opinion not mine and it's cool..

I can tell the difference in fault when a play doesn't or even when it does work out.. 

Individual stats with context...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Decent thread, WOW, but the result was a discussion on the value of stats, not what stats equate to success at QB.  Something to think about.

Don't care either way.. We are still getting to the same place and everybody doesn't have to come the same way.  Some ppl have actually number benchmarks others have eloquently described what they need to see to believe.. Which is the purpose of this thread...

Edited by WOW!!
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

I'm trying so hard to find anything positive from Darnold. I'm thinking, maybe my memory is bad, maybe I was being a hater when watching Darnold's games in the past before he was on the Panthers.

Then I found the only full game with him on YouTube.

Jets vs. Browns Week 3, 2018 FULL Game - YouTube

 

The Dallas game after Mono wasn't bad nor the Battle with Aaron Rodgers and Greenbay... Check those games out.. After that hmmmmmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold isn’t a rookie, and quite frankly, with a new contract on the horizon, we don’t have time for slow progression or the time you’d give one of these rookies.

I want to see 9/10 wins, and 25+ TDs. He also needs to show the ability to be clutch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have to do better than what our roster should do. I would say that after adding our high draft picks our roster should be good enough to go 8-8ish. If Darnold leads us to an 8-8ish record, then we know he doesn't elevate the roster. If he doesn't elevate the roster, then that means we'd have to build a mega-roster for one magic season to try for a one shot at the SB. One chance after years of building, and then a slow decent and an eventual cutting of Darnold.

The one magic season plan is for losers. If we try that then Rhule will not receive a new contract imo.

If Darnold can produce 10 wins or more, then we have a QB who can elevate the roster. That means that whatever team we put together, that team will overachieve beyond their talent level due to Darnold. In that case he's a keeper. So we'll know by the end of the season assuming the injury bug doesn't destroy us. If we go 8-8, then Rhule is on his way out, and Darnold is toast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WOW!! said:

We did this last year for Teddy which he supremely under performed..

So now I guess it Sam Darnold's turn..

What does his numbers have to be for you to believe we have a franchise QB.. Now again everything should be put in context...

In Teddy case bad oline, pandemic offseason, not having CMC did hurt.. But Jmo and (most of the organization) with the talent he did have and the offense going up and down the field like it did.. 15tds 11ints and a 0-8 record in game winning or tying situation is unacceptable...

Depending on the draft  I need Darnold to have 25+ (passing TD's) 12 or less Ints 4,000 yards passing  3 or more rushing TD's with a comp. Rate of 64% or more.. And a passer rating 88 or more...

Yes I agree. At least 25 TD's but really want to see 30 or more and want to see ints at a very minimal. Like to see comp percentage at least 64 but prefer closer to 67% and I want to see some aggressive shots downfield deep. I expect to see wins and not so damn conservative all the time in every situation. I expect him to be a vocal leader and motivate his offense. If he can't do all that then time to move on simple as that. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We would have to do better than what our roster should do. I would say that after adding our high draft picks our roster should be good enough to go 8-8ish. If Darnold leads us to an 8-8ish record, then we know he doesn't elevate the roster. If he doesn't elevate the roster, then that means we'd have to build a mega-roster for one magic season to try for a one shot at the SB. One chance after years of building, and then a slow decent and an eventual cutting of Darnold.

The one magic season plan is for losers. If we try that then Rhule will not receive a new contract imo.

If Darnold can produce 10 wins or more, then we have a QB who can elevate the roster. That means that whatever team we put together, that team will overachieve beyond their talent level due to Darnold. In that case he's a keeper. So we'll know by the end of the season assuming the injury bug doesn't destroy us. If we go 8-8, then Rhule is on his way out, and Darnold is toast. 

You expect rhule to be fired after his second season where he improved upon his first?  Not going to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

You expect rhule to be fired after his second season where he improved upon his first?  Not going to happen

Oh no I just think if he fails with Darnold the odds go up that he won't receive a new contract at the end of his current contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...