• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Wings @ Hurricanes Game Thread 4/10-4/12

Harbingers

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

I hope so. We still need him to start,  what, 8 more games? Maybe Rod gives Reimer a go to keep him in shape, a la Gardiner. But, I can't see it. 

And with 4 regulation goals in 2 of his 3 starts vs DET this season, I wouldn't even think about putting Mraz back out there against the Ford Family Feudal Colony.

I think it’s somewhere between 4-6 right now though I lost track so I’m not quite sure. Which means he’ll have to start about 1/3 of our remaining games. 

• Pie 1

@Anybodyhome Sure you already know but

"The Canes will honor his achievement with a pregame ceremony, which will be broadcast live. Fans attending the game are asked to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m. so they don't miss any of the festivities."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-detroit-red-wings-carolina-hurricanes/c-323552742

• Beer 1

"Jordan Staal will play in his 1,000th career NHL game when the Carolina Hurricanes host Marc Staal and the Detroit Red Wings.

The Match-Up

Detroit Red Wings (14-23-6, 34 points) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (27-9-4, 58 points)

Monday, April 12, 7 p.m.

Watch: Bally Sports South, FOX Sports GO

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

1,000 for Staal

It's a momentous night for Jordan Staal, who will play in his 1,000th career NHL game. Staal is just the fifth player to hit the millenium mark with the team and the first since Ray Whitney did it on Oct. 21, 2009. Staal will join Phil Kessel to become the second player from the 2006 NHL Draft class to reach 1,000 games played.

"That list of 1,000 games with the players on it, you're in good company. I'm very proud of that," Staal said. "It is just games played, but it obviously shows you're able to stick in the league. It's not easy to be at that level for a long time, so I'm very proud of that. It's a cool achievement."

Even though Staal played 431 of his 1,000 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins, he has evolved into exactly what it means to be a Carolina Hurricane.

"The way we want to portray ourselves is based on the captain. He's everything we want to be," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "We want to do it right, we want to be hard-working, we want to be respectful, we want to show up every day and do our job. That's how he is. Why wouldn't you want to be like that?"

The Canes will honor his achievement with a pregame ceremony, which will be broadcast live. Fans attending the game are asked to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m. so they don't miss any of the festivities."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-detroit-red-wings-carolina-hurricanes/c-323552742

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-detroit-red-wings-carolina-hurricanes/c-323560538

"Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Fast
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Foegele
Paquette-Lorentz-Geekie

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Gardiner-Fleury

Goalies

Reimer
Mrazek

Scratch: Nedeljkovic

Injury: McGinn (upper body), Teravainen (concussion symptoms; injured reserve)

Taxi squad: Bean, McCormick, Ryan, Shore"

Shoulda guessed it'd be Reimer.

• Pie 1

2 things....

1. The Gardiner-Fleury line scares me.... not in a good way.

2. Reimer in net means the Canes will likely need a 4-5 goal night to win. Granted, I don't know what his Detroit GAA is, nor do I care. But everything I appreciate about RBA as the bench boss, I'm just as confused by his goalie decisions and his D lines.

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

2 things....

2. Reimer in net means the Canes will likely need a 4-5 goal night to win. Granted, I don't know what his Detroit GAA is, nor do I care. But everything I appreciate about RBA as the bench boss, I'm just as confused by his goalie decisions and his D lines.

1. Ditto but I’d rather not split Brady and Brett after that horrible defensive showing Saturday. 

2. Head scratchers for sure. We aren’t trying to move Reimer if we are playing him tonight so it looks like 3 goalies is just gonna be the thing. Hate to say it but after they get Ned RFA I don’t know if he goes back out on the ice for now. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

2 things....

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

1. Ditto but I’d rather not split Brady and Brett after that horrible defensive showing Saturday. 

2. Head scratchers for sure. We aren’t trying to move Reimer if we are playing him tonight so it looks like 3 goalies is just gonna be the thing. Hate to say it but after they get Ned RFA I don’t know if he goes back out on the ice for now. 

Fleury was traded.