• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Effort

KillerKat

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We didnt win that game, Ron lost it. I'm still convinced he was trying to tank to get a better QB. He was just out sucked by Pederson. 

As much I would like to believe that, I think Tepper's ego didn't want to see his new coach lose to his old coach.

6 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

As much I would like to believe that, I think Tepper's ego didn't want to see his new coach lose to his old coach.

Ron stuck with Haskins despite his performance then cut him the next day. If you believe in a guy you don't start him then cut him, especially when he was the previous year's first round pick. If he had benched him in the 1st, we lose that game. I think Ron knew what he was doing. They weren't going far in the playoffs and losing to us, then Philly would have made it much easier for them to acquire the QB they needed. Moving up from 19 is a lot harder than from 6. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Fans are going to argue about that game for the rest of time. 

Sad. 

And we weren't even going to get the #1 or #2 for that matter, all out of reach come the WFT game so it's such a stupid thing to keep bringing up. NYJ and JAX were never moving their picks.

So Wilson and Lawrence would still be off the table.  In a way, it saved us from people being butt hurt over us favoring Mac Jones over Fields & Lance and we'll likely get someone just as if not more impactful than who we would have gotten at #3.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Ron stuck with Haskins despite his performance then cut him the next day. If you believe in a guy you don't start him then cut him, especially when he was the previous year's first round pick. If he had benched him in the 1st, we lose that game. I think Ron knew what he was doing. They weren't going far in the playoffs and losing to us, then Philly would have made it much easier for them to acquire the QB they needed. Moving up from 19 is a lot harder than from 6. 

26 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Fans are going to argue about that game for the rest of time. 

Sad. 

Win culture are wrong, 100%. BUT the one saving grace form that mistake is this- Im about 90% sure theyd kept the 3rd pick, even after 49ers insane offer and drafted Mac "*******" Jones. 

]

Plus LOLOLOLOL at the win culture morons thinking that win is worth more than 3 firsts(one being 12th this years) and a 4th. 

19 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

If we lose for the rest of time, we'll have a team built of nothing but 1st round picks!! 

We'll be showing everybody then!!!

Losing is how ya build a winner, yo!

19 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

if we lose every game, we’ll always pick #1. then we’ll be awesome! 

pick #1! pick #1! pick #1!

21 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'd love to see the lose culture morons go talk about this with players and coaches. Go tell them they are morons please.  PLEASE

Before I got further, answer this simple question- Was the week 16 win against WFT worth 2021 12th overall, 2022 1st & 3rd, and 2023 1st? Yes or No. 

Great post OP. This new regime seems to be at least making effort, and I will applaud that always. Not every signing will work out, just like not every draft pick will, but I am ecstatic about the hustle and attempt to get better. Like every year around this time I am cautiously optimistic, don't see how you can be a fan and not be.

• Beer 1