• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance 2nd Pro Day

CPsinceDay1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Five top 25 teams in the final ESPN college football poll. Yeah, the ACC is just trash. LOL!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Nice cherry pick.  The 2020 season where a lot of teams cancelled or had abbreviated seasons.  The ACC was one of the very few conferences that had close to a normal season.  Yes, the ACC in football is trash and has been for many years now.  I mean San Jose State, Tulsa, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina and Buffalo are perennial top 25 powerhouses...or was it because of COVID?

Just now, 45catfan said:

Nice cherry pick.  The 2020 season where a lot of teams cancelled or had abbreviated seasons.  The ACC was one of the very few conferences that had close to a normal season.  Yes, the ACC in football is trash and has been for many years now.  I mean San Jose State, Tulsa, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina and Buffalo are perennial top 25 powerhouses...or was it because of COVID?

Considering the conversation in this thread is about this draft it's of peak relevancy.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Considering the conversation in this thread is about this draft it's of peak relevancy.

So a team or players that played most/all of the season are automatically better than teams/players with abbreviated or cancelled schedules solely because they have a larger body of work?  Nah, I can't accept that.  Lacking a full season of college football play does not make lesser talented teams/players better by simply filling a void.

45 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I was responding to the poster who said theirs nothing as athletes Lance does better than Fields. 

Field faced an extremely easy schedule. Biggest gap in talent among the QBs playing in FBS

check for yourself. OSU has more 4 and 5 stars than the entire big 10 COMBINED. Theirs a reason every QB that plays there puts up monster numbers

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=Big-Ten

Fields faces the best defenses amongst this group of draft eligible QBs…

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So a team or players that played most/all of the season are automatically better than teams/players with abbreviated or cancelled schedules solely because they have a larger body of work?  Nah, I can't accept that.  Lacking a full season of college football play does not make lesser talented teams/players better by simply filling a void.

The ACC had the third most active NFL players last season (215) behind the SEC (339) and Big Ten (253). The Big 12 was the bottom feeder of the power five conferences with 131.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

I was responding to the poster who said theirs nothing as athletes Lance does better than Fields. 

Field faced an extremely easy schedule. Biggest gap in talent among the QBs playing in FBS

check for yourself. OSU has more 4 and 5 stars than the entire big 10 COMBINED. Theirs a reason every QB that plays there puts up monster numbers

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=Big-Ten

Fields played Indiana, Northwestern, Clemson, and Alabama with constant games getting moved/cancelled, staff/players getting quarantined and playing through injuries. He is the most battle tested QB out if the major ones we are talking about. I honestly put him right there with Lawrence talent wise plus he is an extremely smart man. Check out Mark Sanchez’s info on his testing, it’s a good read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/justin-fields-did-insanely-well-aptitude-test-mark-sanchez-says%3famp

He really should be the 1st or 2nd pick. If he some how falls to 8 I hope we pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The ACC had the third most active NFL players last season (215) behind the SEC (339) and Big Ten (253). The Big 12 was the bottom feeder of the power five conferences with 131.

They are a power 5 conference, thus getting the better recruits than smaller conferences so that is only logical.  The players are not bad per se, just the programs.  In 2019, only 3 schools besides Clemson had better than .500 conference records. THREE.  It's the trend more times than not.  Every since Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State and to a lesser extent Georgia tech have fallen off their pedestals, it has left Clemson with a clear path virtually every year to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

They are a power 5 conference, thus getting the better recruits than smaller conferences so that is only logical.  The players are not bad per se, just the programs.  In 2019, only 3 schools besides Clemson had better than .500 conference records. THREE.  It's the trend more times than not.  Every since Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State and to a lesser extent Georgia tech have fallen off their pedestals, it has left Clemson with a clear path virtually every year to the playoffs.

Two ways to look at it. You say that means the conference is weak, but it's just as easy to say that the conference isn't ridiculously top heavy like the SEC is.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Fields faces the best defenses amongst this group of draft eligible QBs…

Defensive rankings don’t matter when your team is that much superior. Notre Dame had a top 10 defense before facing Clemson and Alabama

And that big 10 defenses are skewed cause their offenses are that bad.

Ohio State average gap in schedule was over 200 points, by far the biggest. 

Speaking to their 1st pro-day, I checked back and it looked like Rhule was not just intently watching Lance but Radunz was heavily on our microscope.

He has one of the better NFL level frames in this class and one of the longer arms over 33".  Under 33 isn't always a problem (See: Peters, most of this OT class, plenty of starting LTs), but he's got mad agility and athleticism.  Ran what a 4.82 for a 300+ OT?  We could be eyeing him with our second pick.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Defensive rankings don’t matter when your team is that much superior. Notre Dame had a top 10 defense before facing Clemson and Alabama

And that big 10 defenses are skewed cause their offenses are that bad.

Ohio State average gap in schedule was over 200 points, by far the biggest. 

Ahh just throw away the rankings and ignore the stats. Let me show you recruiting rankings where surprisingly most 4 and 5 star recruits don’t play like 4 and 5 star recruits lol

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Clemson can only play the ACC schedule they are given regardless if the rest of the conference sucks.  I tell people (I live in the heart of Clemson country) it's like 10 tune-up games for the Bowl Series run.  Should their players have an asterisks by their credentials too?

According to you...absolutely.  They need to have an asterisk.  In fact any college kid who didn't perform against NFL teams should have an asterisk.  Weird.

Edited by Wes21

8 hours ago, Varking said:

Ahh just throw away the rankings and ignore the stats. Let me show you recruiting rankings where surprisingly most 4 and 5 star recruits don’t play like 4 and 5 star recruits lol

Except most due play, name the last time a team outside the top 10 in recruiting won a national championship. 

Theirs a reason a bust just threw for 50 TD on that same team, and the QB before that who wasn’t even drafted had over 40 TD. But Lance in OSU he probably puts up around 50 TD