• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance 2nd Pro Day

CPsinceDay1

If Lance is there I'd have to think they'd strongly consider drafting him and letting him sit for a couple seasons, but I don't think they're as desperate as they were before the Darnold trade.

If they trade down to accumulate more picks, I'm definitely in favor of that. So many holes on the roster even after free agency and with the 2nd and 4th gone next year it'd be good to get more picks this year or next.

3 hours ago, Wes21 said:

That's not how it typically works.  Teams don't trade with the team that wants "their guy."  Teams trade in front of the team that wants their guy.  If people think we want their guy, that increases the value of the Lions pick...not ours.  Denver would be moving into our spot to block another team from trading into that spot.

Exactly. Denver could trade up with us if they want lance and are worried New England or WFT is offering a better package. They are worried about us trading down more than us taking their guy. 

Edited by grimesgoat
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If nothing else maintaining the appearance we are still interested is important to give 8 more value than it has. Denver wouldn't trade up one spot if Lance was still on the board and we havent acted interested. As important as it is to get your guy, it's also important to maintain the illusion you're interested in theirs. 

Acting interested would prompt them to jump ahead of us not trade with us.

I wish someone could explain to me how Trey Lance could ever be picked or rated higher than Justin Fields.  I cannot think of one thing Lance has over Fields.  Lance is getting so much “unknown” mojo it isn’t funny.  

I am labeling this nojo.  The unknown is more powerful to people than the known.

Edited by Shocker

48 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I wish someone could explain to me how Trey Lance could ever be picked or rated higher than Justin Fields.  I cannot think of one thing Lance has over Fields.  Lance is getting so much “unknown” mojo it isn’t funny.  

I am labeling this nojo.  The unknown is more powerful to people than the known.

Less film on him and people have been touting Fields for 3 years as an NFL prospect. One good season in the last 7 years for Lance. One good season in three years for Wilson. One amazing season and two DUIs while at Alabama for Mac Jones and people want to tell me he has it above the shoulders and football is important to him but we question if Fields has it above the shoulders and if he wants to be great? 

It’s legit prospect fatigue. 

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I don't get it either.  If Fields turns out to be a good player, alot of people are going to feel stupid for overthinking things so much.  As far as the unknown mojo, I agree.  Its why the backup QB is the most popular guy in many cities and the next draft pick is always the most anticipated one.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Less film on him and people have been touting Fields for 3 years as an NFL prospect. One good season in the last 7 years for Lance. One good season in three years for Wilson. One amazing season and two DUIs while at Alabama for Mac Jones and people want to tell me he has it above the shoulders and football is important to him but we question if Fields has it above the shoulders and if he wants to be great? 

The narrative on Mac Jones vs Fields is kind of funny to me as well.  Mac starts for 1 season and suddenly he's a plug and play starter and the most pro ready guy.  Fields has more experience but he's the guy that needs to sit for a few seasons to learn.  WTF?

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, Varking said:

Really appreciate your input on this forum man,  we don’t always agree but your knowledge is amazing.

• Pie 1

This journey that Justin Fields has gone through and absolutely dominated at Ohio State is extremely impressive.  His ability to ascend in the face of adversity is the best in this draft.   Trevor is the chosen one but Fields is impressive as hell.

The Niners moved up for Fields.  Period.  Until I see it differently I won’t be able to believe it.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This journey that Justin Fields has gone through and absolutely dominated at Ohio State is extremely impressive.  His ability to ascend in the face of adversity is the best in this draft.   Trevor is the chosen one but Fields is impressive as hell.

The Niners moved up for Fields.  Period.  Until I see it differently I won’t be able to believe it.

It is hard to believe Jones, but it was rather convincing.  If they were behind the smoke, hats off.

no smoking omg GIF