• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Sewell is drafted before #8...

MHS831

7 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

If Sewell is gone at 8, I say we trade back no further than 15.  We should be able to get either Slater or Darisaw still and possibly pick up an extra 2nd in the process.

I dunno...

Both the Chargers and especially the Vikings could go tackle. 

If they have Darrisaw as LT2 and really like him, take him at 8. Left tackle has been a massive need for way too long. 

But again, all depends what their board looks like. If they have 3-4 guys lumped in there closely then it makes sense to trade back but if Darrisaw is their clear #2... just take him 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 7

36 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I dunno...

Both the Chargers and especially the Vikings could go tackle. 

If they have Darrisaw as LT2 and really like him, take him at 8. Left tackle has been a massive need for way too long. 

But again, all depends what their board looks like. If they have 3-4 guys lumped in there closely then it makes sense to trade back but if Darrisaw is their clear #2... just take him 

We do need a LT.  Here is what scares me--there are some good CBs that should be on the board---all of them, in fact.  There are good tackles that will be available in round 2--do we get cute and chase a CB, then "settle" at OT in round 2?  I mean, round 2 could feature Eichenberg, W. Little, Leatherwood, etc.  Not what I would do, but...

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

If Sewell is gone at 8, I say we trade back no further than 15.  We should be able to get either Slater or Darisaw still and possibly pick up an extra 2nd in the process.

The Darnold trade gives the Panthers flexibility to trade down and not feel desperate to grab a QB. We haven't seen the Panthers trade down in the 1st since 2007. I think it's time to start accumulating picks to fill out a depleted roster.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Stay at 8 and get the best talent.  If we pick Parsons... great.  Shaq is a goner next year.

Not after Fritterere pushed more money into the future years.

Pitts, Chase are my picks if Sewell is gone. My personal pick is Kwity Paye. 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The closer we get I am seriously warming to Pitts at 8 if Sewell is gone.  OT in round 2 and lets roll.  This offense will be seriously talented.

I cant dismiss the idea of grabbing Pitts if he is there.  The matchup problems would help Darnold

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Not after Fritterere pushed more money into the future years.

Pitts, Chase are my picks if Sewell is gone. My personal pick is Kwity Paye. 

Pitts, Sewell, and Chase are just on a level of their own.  I would throw Trevor on that pile--4 players who are the best of the best. 

If one is there, you have to have a plan to take him.