• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't understand the Sewell love-in.

If he was an inch taller and had longer arms I'd understand the whole furore about him, but as he's got very similar measurables to Slater I don't think there's too much separating them as prospects. 

Hes 20 years old and already a bear. Slater looks in better shape currently. 

• The D 1

8 minutes ago, Verge said:

Tweeted this a couple days ago. 

Gotta think that would be a move to 6 as the Bengals rarely trade draft picks.  Doesn’t feel like Miami or Detroit really need TE as they have good ones now.  If he gets past 4 I think he probably is there at 8.

37 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

One of the reasons we traded for Darnold was that we would not have to trade up! 

If Fitterer trades up I will personally lop off my penis and feed it to my cat. 

Doctors Jung and Freud would like to have a word with you...

• Flames 1

Ive seen somewhere the panthers had already meet with Pitts 3 times. History and recent history shows TE rarely get picked in the top ten. This draft has 4-5 QBs, 3 WRs, and 2 OT/OLmen that are ranked right next to Pitts or above. Its possible he will be passed over. Im a TE nut, but will not say a stud TE is worth more than a stud WR. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who's playing left tackle in this scenario?

A second rounder or buy one next year. A Pitts mismatch type player at 8 only comes along once every CMC. To have both those players changes an organization. 

We have cap room for next year, a second round pick this year, and a first next year to address the LT. That’s three opportunities to get a longterm solution to LT in the next year. This is our only chance to get a TE with Hall of Fame ability. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

It won't matter how many offensive weapons we have if we can't consistently protect Sam Darnold

True, this draft has some OT that *could start into the 5th. I have to tell myself the draft doesnt end in the 1st. This years' focus will be the first 3 picks(like most years), then the picture will be clearer.