• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, Verge said:

I think it is silly, but I do know they will try and get Pitts. Wouldn't be surprised with an Alabama WR either. 

I think fans are totally overlooking the chance we could go WR at some point in the draft. 

Fans tend to think in current year terms, but both Moore and Anderson are in the last year of their contracts.  Even if they extend Moore you have a huge hole across from him.  

Also people need to remember that WR1, WR2, and WR3 are all basically starters.  Good teams, the type you end up facing in the playoffs, can often take away your first option.

I don't mind a WR early, I think it is a high value position, but for various reason there seems to be some really good value in the 2nd and 3rd with receivers lately, and this years class is deep again.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You see, the problem with this Huddle thing is we read stuff that was influenced by other stuff and we, collectively, usually dwindle a complex process down to 2 or 3 options when there are dozens.  We focus on what we THINK we need and what we want to hear...If you agree with someone, they are right--if you disagree, they are stupid. 

So we lose focus and fail to think divergently--we are trained to solve problems convergently.  So instead of considering all of the possible scenarios and strategies, we try to use logic and a process of elimination based on subjective rationale to narrow the scope from an examination of the options to a narrowing of choices.

So there's that.

Holy poo that was a lot to absorb at once but I agree with you're saying for sure.

Cosmo Kramer Yes GIF

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

I think it is silly, but I do know they will try and get Pitts. Wouldn't be surprised with an Alabama WR either. 

Going a True Bpa at 8 would not surprise me one bit.  And a Bama WR wouldn’t shock me either.

I know a few People that have Waddle as high as #3 overall and WR1 in this draft.

people forget about him because he missed most the season due to injury and Smith went off when he went about.

remember.  Even with Jerry Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith.  Waddle still stood out and all honestly, whenever Bama needed a big clutch play, Waddle was the one who made it.

just to jog people’s memory

Week 1

a. 8 catches for 134 2TDs

b. 8 catches for 89yds 0TDs

week 2

a. 5 catches 141 1TD

b. 6 catches 63 1TD

week 3

a.  6 catches 120 0TD

b. 13 catches 164 1TD

week 4

a. 6 catches 161 1TD

b. 11 catches 167 2TDs

a. Is Waddle 

b. Is Smith 

through the 1st 4 games prior to Waddle’s injury.

Edited by ncfan

1 hour ago, Verge said:

Most good teams are draft receivers every year or 2. Can't sit back and ignore talent. 

Gotta build the te, and that doesn't happen by skipping over talent.