• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If that scenario plays out, we likely pass on one of the top two OT's and one of the top 4 QB's. I will be pretty pissed about that. 

I definitely won't be upset adding Pitts as a talented guy, but I don't think he helps us in the way we need help in the short term.

I will say this, if Darnold can't get to 30 passing TD's with Moore, Anderson, Pitts and CMC.....we can just straight cut him after the 17th game as far as I am concerned.

Highly highly doubt we take a QB at 8, regardless of whom is there. My opinion is that we’re gonna roll the dice with Sam this year for better or worse and we are in a sweet spot to land the top talent at whatever non-QB position we want. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If that scenario plays out, we likely pass on one of the top two OT's and one of the top 4 QB's. I will be pretty pissed about that. 

I definitely won't be upset adding Pitts as a talented guy, but I don't think he helps us in the way we need help in the short term.

I could live with Pitts, but dammit I want a ten year left tackle.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

Highly highly doubt we take a QB at 8, regardless of whom is there. My opinion is that we’re gonna roll the dice with Sam this year for better or worse and we are in a sweet spot to land the top talent at whatever non-QB position we want. 

I believe that would be extremely foolish to pass on a QB there, if one drops. But, I am starting to anticipate some level of foolishness, unfortunately. Hopefully I end up being as pleased with the draft as I was last draft.