• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

Unless the Cowboys move up to get him. Pitts would be a great pick for us but personally if I couldn't get the 1st or 2nd best offensive lineman, then I'd take Pitts. "Owners of the 10th overall pick, the Cowboys would most likely have to trade up to land Pitts, the top-ranked tight end in the draft." 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2021-cowboys-jerry-jones-reportedly-infatuated-with-kyle-pitts-could-target-him-with-10th-pick/amp/

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I mean we could find one second round right?  Not saying it’s going to happen but if we want Pitts why not wait to second?

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Round 2 man

Like we did two years ago?

Every time we have an opportunity to possibly get a franchise left tackle, we find some excuse not to take them.

This is the year to break that trend.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who's playing left tackle in this scenario?

Generally speaking, if we go non-LT R1, there's Jenkins, Mayfield, Cosmi, Radunz, a handful of LT potential picks we could make a slight trade up for. 

Darrisaw & Vera-Tucker are R1 but unsure how the rest shake out.

Thinking outside the box, I would not be dissapointed if we wound up doing something like:

1-Pitts/Waddle/Chase/Horn 2-Radunz/Cosmi/Mayfield

--

It seems like we may be coveting skills guys up high to maximize our playmaking potential.  We're a solid offense if Darnold doesn't fizzle out but we could use another special talent.

I think it would be unwise to take a TE in the top ten. And I know pitts is really special. It feels like a luxury pick when we have so many other holes in positions of high value. If all the top OTs and Qbs are gone I could maybe be ok with it. A trade up for Pitts? That would be horrible.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, joemac said:

Highly highly doubt we take a QB at 8, regardless of whom is there. My opinion is that we’re gonna roll the dice with Sam this year for better or worse and we are in a sweet spot to land the top talent at whatever non-QB position we want. 

Agreed. Unless Wilson somehow made it to us, we aren’t looking for a QB in. the first two rounds anymore IMO. Sewell, Slater or Pitts are the only offensive moves I see us making at 8. Otherwise it’s defense or a trade back. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

If Sewell is not there, I would go with Pitts.  If neither is there, I don't know.  I'm not crazy about Slater, and if Fields is there, we should trade with a team that wants him.

I don't understand the Sewell love-in.

If he was an inch taller and had longer arms I'd understand the whole furore about him, but as he's got very similar measurables to Slater I don't think there's too much separating them as prospects. 

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah, you’re right, we cant draft any more OL in round 2.  Brilliant 

If we have an opportunity to get a premier left tackle that'll protect our quarterback for the next ten years, there's no way in hell we should pass on him.

• Pie 2