• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

I'm Sewell all the way at 8.  We must not neglect the protection of our QB regardless of who it is like we have for so many years.  If he's gone and we can trade back do it.  8 is too high for Slater or Darrisaw.  Fall back, get more picks and take the best OL available.  I'm totally ok with doubling up on OL in the draft too.  Then best CB/TE after that.  Pitts is a luxury pick that does nothing for us if our QB is on his back.

No one has considered the scenario of if Taylor moton wants LT money then he might as well move his ass to LT now you just need to find a RT which is more available later in this draft after round 1.  This might be something the staff is considering if they reall want pitts in the first over a LT. Who knows

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Listen to the offers coming in to trade up for Lance. 

I'm starting to think 2 scenarios are possible, either the Broncos trade up to #4 to grab the 4th QB or either the Patriots, WFT or Bears trade up with us to jump the Broncos. It would take a lot for me to want to move down though.

We already have great weapons in CMC, DJ, and Robby.

Sure, it would be great to add Pitts to that group, but to pass up the chance at solidifying our LT for the next decade to take a freaking TE in the top 10 would be beyond moronic.

If either Sewell or Slater are there at 8 (and there is almost no chance they're both gone), I can't fathom to understand how anyone else could be the pick.

We've struggled to protect the QB for YEARS and it's a constant complaint on here, how do you pass up a cornerstone LT?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

It won't matter how many offensive weapons we have if we can't consistently protect Sam Darnold

We couldn’t protect Bridgewater and we were in almost every game at the end. A first round LT isn’t our only solution to solve the LT problem and it’s not the only opportunity. Get the unstoppable TE now. If Sam sucks next year because our multiple second round LTs suck, so be it. It’s Sam Darnold. Besides, it’s easier for Pitts to have an immediate impact than it is for a rookie LT. Besides, Darnold moves in the pocket better than Teddy. 

I may not feel this way if there weren’t more LT talent to be had in the second round, but because these moons are aligning we need to ride this wave.

Edited by Bostonheelfish

2 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Unless the Cowboys move up to get him. Pitts would be a great pick for us but personally if I couldn't get the 1st or 2nd best offensive lineman, then I'd take Pitts. "Owners of the 10th overall pick, the Cowboys would most likely have to trade up to land Pitts, the top-ranked tight end in the draft." 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2021-cowboys-jerry-jones-reportedly-infatuated-with-kyle-pitts-could-target-him-with-10th-pick/amp/

OK, if Dallas really wants him, how about swapping 8 and 10, and Dallas throws in their 3rd (#75), and we get Slater?

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

Get the unstoppable TE now. If Sam sucks next year because our multiple second round LTs suck, so be it. It’s Sam Darnold. Besides, it’s easier for Pitts to have an immediate impact than it is for a rookie LT. Besides, Darnold moves in the pocket better than Teddy.

This is basically how Ryan Grigson ran the Colts.

It's a huge reason why Grigson got fired and why Andrew Luck is now retired.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

OK, if Dallas really wants him, how about swapping 8 and 10, and Dallas throws in their 3rd (#75), and we get Slater?

I'm down with this.  Dallas has two third rounders, one being a comp pick #99.  That is spot on for the value of this trade.  The first of their third rounders is much too pricey and they would balk.

If the QBs and Sewell are gone, we trade back with Dallas pick up an extra third rounder and draft Slater at #10.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1