• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

@ncfan“Even with Jerry Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith.  Waddle still stood out and all honestly, whenever Bama needed a big clutch play, Waddle was the one who made it.”

This statement just isnt true at all.  Devonta Smith made big clutch plays for them over and over again.  He caught the TD that won them a natty.  Not to mention completely dominating the last natty they won.  Come on man.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Going a True Bpa at 8 would not surprise me one bit.  And a Bama WR wouldn’t shock me either.

I know a few People that have Waddle as high as #3 overall and WR1 in this draft.

people forget about him because he missed most the season due to injury and Smith went off when he went about.

remember.  Even with Jerry Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith.  Waddle still stood out and all honestly, whenever Bama needed a big clutch play, Waddle was the one who made it.

just to jog people’s memory

Week 1

a. 8 catches for 134 2TDs

b. 8 catches for 89yds 0TDs

week 2

a. 5 catches 141 1TD

b. 6 catches 63 1TD

week 3

a.  6 catches 120 0TD

b. 13 catches 164 1TD

week 4

a. 6 catches 161 1TD

b. 11 catches 167 2TDs

a. Is Waddle 

b. Is Smith 

through the 1st 4 games prior to Waddle’s injury.

SOLD

• Poo 1

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You see, the problem with this Huddle thing is we read stuff that was influenced by other stuff and we, collectively, usually dwindle a complex process down to 2 or 3 options when there are dozens.  We focus on what we THINK we need and what we want to hear...If you agree with someone, they are right--if you disagree, they are stupid. 

So we lose focus and fail to think divergently--we are trained to solve problems convergently.  So instead of considering all of the possible scenarios and strategies, we try to use logic and a process of elimination based on subjective rationale to narrow the scope from an examination of the options to a narrowing of choices.

So there's that.

I see these two words and just want to let you know that perhaps you have this place confused with somewhere else.  

very well said tho. 

• Pie 1

OK, adopting this new first round philosophy, I think it is very likely that we do not need to move up if we are open minded.  I am going to create a big board here.  Wait one second.

1. Lawrence.  QB  Jags?

2. Wilson QB  Jets?

3. Fields, QB  Niners?

4. Lance, QB  Trade up with Atlanta?

Assume those 4 QBs go before the PANTHERS pick--

5. Sewell LT  Bengals?)

6.  Chase WR (dolphins?)

7.  Pitts TE  (Lions?  or do they trade out? I am guessing that if the Niners take Jones, a QB trade up here)

It is very likely one of the three in bold above (5-7) will be available. That is the pick, unless we decide to trade down.  Here is to hoping SF takes Jones--that would just about guarantee the top OT or an elite weapon.

8. Waddel WR

9. Smith WR

10. Slater OT

11. Surtain CB

12. Darrisaw OT

13. Horn, CB

Edited by MHS831
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, joemac said:

Highly highly doubt we take a QB at 8, regardless of whom is there. My opinion is that we’re gonna roll the dice with Sam this year for better or worse and we are in a sweet spot to land the top talent at whatever non-QB position we want. 

If Fields, Lance, or Trask are there you do. 

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

OK, adopting this new first round philosophy, I think it is very likely that we do not need to move up if we are open minded.  I am going to create a big board here.  Wait one second.

1. Lawrence.  QB

2. Wilson QB

3. Fields, QB

4. Lance, QB

Assume those 4 QBs go before the PANTHERS pick--

5. Sewell LT

6.  Pitts TE

7.  Chase WR

It is very likely one of the three in bold above (5-7) will be available. That is the pick, unless we decide to trade down.  Here is to hoping SF takes Jones--that would just about guarantee the top OT or an elite weapon.

8. Waddel WR

9. Smith WR

10. Slater OT

11. Surtain CB

12. Darrisaw OT

13. Horn, CB

I can’t see how a team would draft the 2 Alabama WRs in the first when Rondale Moore and Elijah Moore have very similar skill sets that could be had later 

You see the thing about Pitts is that he is absolutely a matchup nightmare in the truest sense of the word. I can't emphasize that enough. He's the kind of guy that will likely have to be doubled a marked percentage of the time. Otherwise he's going to go off. With credible receivers and a legit versatile threat at RB, the addition of Pitts makes an offense damned near unstoppable. With any semblance of effective QB play, the sky is the limit. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1