• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't want Penei round 1

CarForLife

1 hour ago, CarForLife said:

Look how greg little turned out

Anyone who watched 30 seconds of Little's combine knew he wasnt worth a 2nd, much less trading up to get. Hurney reached on a raw prospect AGAIN, and he blew it AGAIN and about 90% of this message board knew it when it happened. 

Saying Sewell and Little are comparable is like saying a Ferrari and a Gremlin are the equal just because they're painted red.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

It was a joke of course.  I want LT in first.

I gotcha.

25 minutes ago, Aquemini said:

He won't be at 8 anyway .. Cinci has Tee Higgins, they're good at WR/TE .. Sewell is a Bengal

Is this part of the same scenario where the Jets don't take Zach Wilson?

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Who wants to tell him?

I'll tell him, I guess.  So Little wasn't even a first round pick and was sinking fast in the 2nd round until Hurney inexplicably threw him a life line by trading up to draft Greg. I'm 99% sure he would have been there several picks later at our original draft position.  Heck, I didn't even want him then.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I mean they say this draft is loaded with offensive linemen so you could probably end up getting plenty of good offensive linemen later in the draft. If the draft is as deep in offensive linemen as they claim then why not draft a couple of them in later rounds?

Value vs. expectation.  The draft is deep on the OL, but we are looking for starters and while you can surely get some quality depth later in the draft, it is unrealistic to think they could turn into starters.  Thus good value, but unrealistic expectation.

• Pie 2