• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't want Penei round 1

CarForLife

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Value vs. expectation.  The draft is deep on the OL, but we are looking for starters and while you can surely get some quality depth later in the draft, it is unrealistic to think they could turn into starters.  Thus good value, but unrealistic expectation.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a starter in the second round in general, much less the top of the second or end of the first. 

When people say it's a "deep draft" at a particular position, they are talking about guys who have a good shot at turning into starters.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's so true, but he was blown up because of the line, and that should be their priority. Cinci would be making a Jerry Jones move if they pick Chase! 

But if they believe they can get a starting tackle at 37 then they could take the best wideout and still protect their franchise QB.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, CarForLife said:

So you would take Sewell over Pitts if they are both sitting there that's crazy

I love pitts... he is who I want in my mind.. but in my heart I know we need sewell more so. Hes generational in terms of tackles and is only 20. He is the Pitts of tackles. We keep replaces tackles every season. End the struggle at LT.

• Flames 1

Just now, Italianpantherfan said:

You don’t want a position that we haven’t had since Jordan gross ? Especially when this kid is once in a life time left tackle and is only 20 years old . I hope he falls to us this guy is the best I ever seen I’d even take him over pitts you and can’t pass him up whoever is on the board . He should be going #1

You can find those in the second or third round it's deep with offensive lineman you guys are nuts

• Poo 1