• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer goes deep on the Darnold trade

Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

1) Fields or Lance falls to #8 -- take them, Sam is still a huge ''?'' adding a LT doesn't resolve the ''?'' that he is, don't pass on the talent that Fields / Lance possess

Fields and Lance are huge question marks too. The Panthers have a chance to take an elite LT prospect. They need to take that chance to protect Sam or anyone else they put in at QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't want to go with anybody that much older.

Me either, just think that we may be looking at it as a possibility.

Much prefer to build the team correctly, that said, if you can't get the guy you want, and you feel the team is close (DEN when Manning was brought in) I can see signing off on it...especially Fitts.

• Pie 1

To me the interesting thing is what do we do about the offensive scheme. The article said it would be an open comp. So if thats the case then its not going to be tailored to what Sam can do best. 

So does that actually give us the best chance of success?? Doesn't seem like it

Well, we'd just come out of a long-term relationship and went right into a rebound relationship. Seeing that was going nowhere, we dove headfirst into the dating pool and got rejected by a couple of hotties that all our friends thought were great. When none of that worked out, we may have done the smart thing and looked over at the low-mileage one that used to be hot but got treated badly. 

Sometimes that doesn't work out. Sometimes you end up happily hitched for years and years to come.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, t96 said:

My question is, why not wait to trade for Sam until after seeing what happens with the QBs in the draft first?

Scared of getting left out in the cold again is my guess, but IMO it likely means were weren't sold on any of them after the 1st 2.

Just a hunch though.  Or maybe they have the likely players at 8 as being MUCH higher on their boards then Fields or Lance or Mac?

If they have them graded in the 20's or later, and Sewell, Slater, and Pitts are in the top 10, I kinda get it.

Either way, I'm going to pull for him, he's got a good situation he's walking into...can't hope that it works out for both him and the team.

3 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

To me the interesting thing is what do we do about the offensive scheme. The article said it would be an open comp. So if thats the case then its not going to be tailored to what Sam can do best. 

So does that actually give us the best chance of success?? Doesn't seem like it

It's Sams job to lose.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

He was a fallback though, as evidenced by the 49ers' trade up spurring this decision and the notion that we may still take a QB.

Read the story. They initiated the trade talks long before that trade happened, and had Douglas been more willing to move forward it likely would have gotten done sooner.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm not against taking a top qb prospect. I'm not going to get to emotional about any of them but it would be fun to watch it unfold and creates trade ammo.

All of the qbs in the draft are huge question marks. Bigger question marks than Darnold as we don't know if they can do anything at all in the next level. At least Darnold has a baseline they can analyze. 

• Pie 2