• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Look at the Offense & Defense as of -- 4/12/2021

SetfreexX

Gentlemen, are me looking at the makings of a playoff roster....share your thoughts below.

Offense -

QB - Darnold / Walker / Grier / Stevens / TB to TBD

HB - CMC / Bonnafon / Smith / Cannon / Clark the UDFA from the workout

FB - N/A (Maybe the TE Colin Thompson as needed)

WR - DJ Moore / Anderson / David Moore / Kirkwood / Zylstra / Young projects

TE - Arnold / Thomas / Sullivan

OL - Erving / Elflein / Paradis / Miller / Moton -- Key Depth - Little / Daley / Scott

---------------------------------------------

Defense - 

DL - Brown / Gross-Matos / Fox / Roy -- Could see KK return, or a rookie addition

Offball LB - Shaq / Perryman / Carter Jr -- Luvu / Orr / Johnston as depth currently

EDGE - Burns / Reddick / Haynes / Miller  

CB - Jackson / Bouye / Melvin / Pride / ST Oliver III

S - Chinn / Burris / Franklin / Robinson - We have some unknown depth atm (Would not be surprised to see Boston back if the draft doesn't fall our way)

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Good lord that O line is dreadful, they cant possibly think thats good enough. The whole left side needs to be retooled at the least. Im dead serious about first 2 picks on O line. Its really come to that. 

If we take an LT at 8 and he actually pans out from day 1 I think our line would be a strength. Paradis, Miller and Moton were all great last year. Elflein is a decent flyer, may be a bit of a weakness but if we can hit on a strong LT it shouldn't be a big deal at all. Of course, that's a BIG "if." Especially considering many of the notable LT busts in recent years.

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Good lord that O line is dreadful, they cant possibly think thats good enough. The whole left side needs to be retooled at the least. Im dead serious about first 2 picks on O line. Its really come to that. 

Taking a different look at it, we have the same starters minus Okung that we had going into 2020 which was:

Okung-Daley-Paradis-Miller-Moton

I don't know if we really signed Elflein to start.  He has a similar contract to what Larsen had.  Daley was glass though so 100% agree on drafting multiple OLs.  Would like more of a sure thing at LG.  And of course a LT but the rest is not bad in my opinion.  They were ranked #18 last year fwiw.

34 minutes ago, saX man said:

Taking a different look at it, we have the same starters minus Okung that we had going into 2020 which was:

Okung-Daley-Paradis-Miller-Moton

I don't know if we really signed Elflein to start.  He has a similar contract to what Larsen had.  Daley was glass though so 100% agree on drafting multiple OLs.  Would like more of a sure thing at LG.  And of course a LT but the rest is not bad in my opinion.  They were ranked #18 last year fwiw.

I understand the optimism but im of the mindset that this is the draft we have been waiting on for strong improvement. I like what Moton and miller did which is why I said the left side needs retooled. LT is priority and i dont have much confidence in Elflein. I have heard bad reviews since we signed him, i want at least one guy who has All pro potential in the interior as it was a problem last year and would like to be better than 18th above all.

48 minutes ago, t96 said:

If we take an LT at 8 and he actually pans out from day 1 I think our line would be a strength. Paradis, Miller and Moton were all great last year. Elflein is a decent flyer, may be a bit of a weakness but if we can hit on a strong LT it shouldn't be a big deal at all. Of course, that's a BIG "if." Especially considering many of the notable LT busts in recent years.

I think we go LT at #8 and Erving competes for starting LG. Scott actually was not a liability when he filled in at LT last year, so he may give Erving serious competition at LT backup. Paradis was much better last year than 2019, but he still wasn't great and is getting old, so I really hope we can hit on a center in this draft as well. If Elfein can get healthy (big IF), he could be Paradis' replacement in 2022.