• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Presser

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Obviously he failed Speech 101.   

That's funny that you said that.  I couldn't help reflect to my time in college and speech 101. 

I kept thinking good god you know and um. 

Public speaking class was great for removing ummm as a conversational crutch for a lot of kids. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Public speaking class was great for removing ummm as a conversational crutch for a lot of kids. 

Yeah while U nerds were polishing your Public speaking skills in the mirror Darnold was throwing lasers 🤷‍♂️  

Also every athlete does this in some form. Hockey players are the worst 

• Pie 6

19 minutes ago, RJK said:

Yeah while U nerds were polishing your Public speaking skills in the mirror Darnold was throwing lasers 🤷‍♂️  

Also every athlete does this in some form. Hockey players are the worst 

True. 

While Darnold certainly wasn't hired for his Q&A prowess, he should have enough money squirreled away by now to afford a public speaking coach.  If I were Tepper, I'd hire one for him ASAP.  Shouldn't take too much effort to clean up his verbal pauses and it would make his press conferences a lot less painful to endure.

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

True. 

While Darnold certainly wasn't hired for his Q&A prowess, he should have enough money squirreled away by now to afford a public speaking coach.  If I were Tepper, I'd hire one for him ASAP.  Shouldn't take too much effort to clean up his verbal pauses and it would make his press conferences a lot less painful to endure.

I think every QB the Panthers have ever had were painful to watch in one way or another. I don’t think Darnold was any less. He’s 23, becoming an adult will help.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2