• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Business Culture

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Are you okay? Why do you have so much anger for players who are the ones actually risking themselves for entertainment and not the billionaires who hold fans over a barrel with things like psls whether the franchise is good or bad? On top of all that the same billionaires expect taxpayers to foot the bill for what amounts to a gigantic billion dollar amusement park.

Not anger just pointing out it goes both ways.

I am for the business being coat throat and the players just the same, they both have the same right and neither should matter it’s a business.

Was pointing out franchises letting players walk gets more attention than players choosing to walk when it’s business all the same.

Salary is a different topic.

5 hours ago, WarHeel said:

The question you posed was black and white but I believe it’s a gray issue. NFL teams are a business and the fans are consumers. Handling a release like DG did Steve Smith and Josh Norman sours the sweetness for some fans. Not many will care if Bridgewater has his feelings hurt though. 

The biggest problem with the Smitty and Norman fkups was that it was bad business as well. Both shouldn’t have been cut when they were, much less how they were. Gettleman made some good moves here, but many more bad ones. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The biggest problem with the Smitty and Norman fkups was that it was bad business as well. Both shouldn’t have been cut when they were, much less how they were. Gettleman made some good moves here, but many more bad ones. 

Facts 

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, frankw said:

12 billion in revenue in 2020 and you're talking millions like the players run the league. Come on now.

I never said the players ran the league...I said they have zero reason for any whining

owners run the league...hence the term “owners”

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

I never said the players ran the league...I said they have zero reason for any whining

If players daring to be outspoken is such a burden on your psyche there are other sports you can follow. It's honestly weird to be a fan and cheer louder for the billionaires while talking down to the athletes who make the game worth watching. You give off Donald Sterling vibes Scott.

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Smith was cut because he was the alpha in the locker room and they were trying to pave the way for Newton.

He wasn't the force he used to be, but he was still a damn good WR.

1 hour ago, frankw said:
3 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

If players daring to be outspoken is such a burden on your psyche there are other sports you can follow.

Which ones do you recommend?

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Smith was cut because he was the alpha in the locker room and they were trying to pave the way for Newton.

He wasn't the force he used to be, but he was still a damn good WR.

I know that was the rhetoric, doesn’t mean it was either true or that it was a good idea if true. I’m sure Cam wouldn’t have had any troubles developing as a QB with Steve Smith to throw to instead of Kelvin Benjamin, Funchess and the clown car full of sub par WRs we gave him between Smitty and DJ.