• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Melvin Ingram

ClawOn

As was posted in the Reddit thread, Melvin is from Hamlet and has family in the area. It wouldn't be a surprise for him to be in Charlotte for other reasons. 

And my personal favorite...

"Why the fug would an alcoholic cat burglar maid care to know who Melvin Ingram is?"

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Also... we are going for a lot of EDGE who play more of 3-4 LBs... wondering if we are secretly switching to 3-4 and moving Brown to DE.

My feeling too. Oddity is fox doesn't exactly fit in that idea as he's a bit undersized for the 5 tech odd as a big edge.

Perryman fits well inside with Shaq. They have a gaggle of OLB edge types now too. But they don't have the line for it. If this is the way they really wanted to go this way, kerr would have been fine at a 5 tech. Also they would need to really focus on 5 tech and a NT imo. If brown switches to NT, that looks like a waste of his talent vs going after one of the 3 or 4 NT in this draft.

1 minute ago, chbright said:

My feeling too. Oddity is fox doesn't exactly fit in that idea as he's a bit undersized for the 5 tech odd as a big edge.

Perryman fits well inside with Shaq. They have a gaggle of OLB edge types now too. But they don't have the line for it. If this is the way they really wanted to go this way, kerr would have been fine at a 5 tech. Also they would need to really focus on 5 tech and a NT imo. If brown switches to NT, that looks like a waste of his talent vs going after one of the 3 or 4 NT in this draft.

I think Roy who is 6’1 335lbs will be NT.  I think Brown and KK Short will be DEs.  Fox played rushing DT so they might use him on passing downs.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

The two dudes getting divorced as they finished their dream house is the most hilarious part. 

That sort of fits with everyone I know that has had a house built that wasn't a contractor. Stress level seems to be pretty high.

Trust me with lumber prices right now its stressful to us contractors too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• fitt and rhule thought they knew more than anyone else. they tried to be clever and had an angle on things that no one else had. hurney only ever paid attention to who would be there in the first round and just winged it from there. maybe if we listened to our own scouts we might have had better picks. those guys weren't about to listen to anyone. they were, in essence, speculators and wild guessers.
    • It’s too bad that we didn’t use the media rankings or anything else other than our draft board. We might have actually picked some decent players the past 3 drafts.
    • how do you figure they do more than a regional scout employed by the teams? why would you think that these regional scouts haven't been around the game their whole lives or that they spend less time or do less work than brugler or whoever? these regional scouts aren't volunteering their work.  teams also are looking specific things and traits that the draftniks may not be taking into consideration that are specific to their teams. draftniks aren't as dialed into specific teams  as much as regional scouts who are tied to the teams.  regional scouts are just going to be better at evaluating for the specific teams than any of the draftniks...at least they'll know more about what the teams that employ them are looking for more than the draftniks. teams will have a big board that is done by their guys that is specific to what they have deemed important for their teams.  draftniks just do a broad based big board that isn't specific to any team so they are ranking players and picking for teams based on incomplete information about these teams. it just doesn't make sense for teams to rely on them for anything except to maybe get an idea about where players might fall...but even with that they shouldn't count on that being reliable intel. teams may notice what draftniks are saying, but they also have their own league sources that they will use. i think we just put too much stock in draftniks and their rankings.