• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Melvin Ingram

ClawOn

37 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

LOL his career high was in 2017 with 9.5. besides 2018 his highest is 6. He's been finessing folks since the Michigan play!!!! Fraudulent 

I was one of the idiots who questioned Pep's drive/work ethic back in the day. He was so physically domineering he just HAD to be able to be better. Even when he was dominant. 

I thought the same about Clowney's drive. But, then you see the way he plays the run. One of the best in the game before last season. 

It can't be coaching, because he's played for damn near all of em at this point. I don't get it. 

He is clearly a physical freak. And a player who is just loafing it doesn't rack up run stops. And yet...

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I was one of the idiots who questioned Pep's drive/work ethic back in the day. He was so physically domineering he just HAD to be able to be better. Even when he was dominant. 

I thought the same about Clowney's drive. But, then you see the way he plays the run. One of the best in the game before last season. 

It can't be coaching, because he's played for damn near all of em at this point. I don't get it. 

He is clearly a physical freak. And a player who is just loafing it doesn't rack up run stops. And yet...

@Mistuh Jones is right guy is living off his college days and frankly its sad watching team pay the guy based on "potential" what five years later... Guy is a lazy bum living off god given talents.

Nelson took his soul much of the game.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Only thing I can think of, without having seen a ton of him since he left the Texans is that I know he lined up all over the front 7 while in Houston, including a lot of snaps on the interior and/or ending up rushing inside because of stunts, and they dropped him in coverage quite a bit too.  Obviously, rushing on the interior isn't advantageous for guys primarily built to rush from the edge, so I think scheme has contributed it some...  but, I agree, his numbers overall have been very disappointing as a pass rusher.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Only thing I can think of, without having seen a ton of him since he left the Texans is that I know he lined up all over the front 7 while in Houston, including a lot of snaps on the interior and/or ending up rushing inside because of stunts, and they dropped him in coverage quite a bit too.  Obviously, rushing on the interior isn't advantageous for guys primarily built to rush from the edge, so I think scheme has contributed it some...  but, I agree, his numbers overall have been very disappointing as a pass rusher.

He also had a pretty bad knee injury, don't know if he ever really recovered. 

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Lazy bums don't stop runs.*

*See Irvin, Bruce 2019

https://twitter.com/i/status/1081689645166022656

https://twitter.com/i/status/1082413208965734400

I dont know why links didnt work in the first one, but these are just Nelson removing Clowneys' soul for most of the game. Nelson doesnt have Clowney gifts, but in the NFL work matters. 

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

And that has what to do with NFL news???

Nothing. Generally speaking, however, a forum made up of hundreds of millions of people has at least a tiny chance of having some legitimate people wishing to remain anonymous spill some beans here and there.  NFL news being leaked on reddit is not unprecedented at all.