• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn switched to LB?

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

Chinn needs to be a safety. We haven’t had a good safety since Mike Minter. We finally hit pay dirt and now we want to make him a linebacker. I just don’t know. 

Sam Franklin showed a lot of promise last year.  Looks like that puts an end to anyone wanting Micah Parsons.

He played a lot of linebacker last year more out of our necessity than his preferred position. He is more of a natural safety and would be our version of Earl Thomas or Ed Reed. I think we will use him as a hybrid but put him more at safety if our linebacking corps is improved.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He played a lot of linebacker last year more out of our necessity than his preferred position. He is more of a natural safety and would be our version of Earl Thomas or Ed Reed. I think we will use him as a hybrid but put him more at safety if our linebacking corps is improved.

Chinn isn't very good in coverage wouldn't call him Earl or Ed... ever

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, JABANOG said:

Chinn isn't very good in coverage wouldn't call him Earl or Ed... ever

He is a second year player so of course he isn't playing at an all pro level yet. But his athleticism and nose for being around the ball and his hard hitting reminds me of those guys. Hopefully he has the career those guys did.

• Pie 1

Preseason depth chart and position labels mean nothing right now in regard to special players like Chinn.   I for one see linebacker Corp as a decent group.  Reddick, Perryman and Shaq backed up by Carter Jr, Luvu, Mack and Miller is solid.   I think safety will be a more likely use of a higher draft pick.  Burris and Franklin as back ups for Chinn and Grant, sign me up for that pairing.  I do think they could add a linebacker ( KJ Britt or Ernest Jones) for special teams and to develop.  Jabril Cox, Bolton, Moses or Pete Werner would all be great additions earlier but Perryman should be what we thought we were getting with Whitehead and more. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

He would fill the Kam Chancellor role better in my eyes