• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn switched to LB?

Ja  Rhule

7 hours ago, panthers55 said:

He played a lot of linebacker last year more out of our necessity than his preferred position. He is more of a natural safety and would be our version of Earl Thomas or Ed Reed. I think we will use him as a hybrid but put him more at safety if our linebacking corps is improved.

None of what you said is even remotely accurate.

Chinn was always going to be our "buffalo nickel", like Adams or Simmons, a Will LB/S hybrid. 

That is nothing like ET (single high saftey) or Ed Reed (Luke but as a Safteys) playstyle and only the blindest of homers would think that.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Thorrez said:

Could this be an agent play? The tag for lb is basically unusable for off the ball players. So this removed the option for the team to use the lower safety tag as leverage.

Linebackers get paid way more then safety’s ....... my thinking as well.. I guess we will know in couple years 

3 hours ago, Thorrez said:

Could this be an agent play? The tag for lb is basically unusable for off the ball players. So this removed the option for the team to use the lower safety tag as leverage.

But the team is the one responsible for setting the positions/depth chart, not the agents....

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

He is a second year player so of course he isn't playing at an all pro level yet. But his athleticism and nose for being around the ball and his hard hitting reminds me of those guys. Hopefully he has the career those guys did.

Yea he gave up like a 120 passer rating when targeted last year. This dudes a stud, but is absolutely nothing like those guys. Jamal Adams? Yes, Ed Reed, no way. 

• Pie 1