Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Teddy hasn't reached out to Sam yet following the trade


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Been saying this. There’s zero indication he’s a good leader. Lead his ass to the saints bench to laugh it up with our arch rivals. Can’t even get invited to offseason throwing sessions. Guys choose Grier over teddy. 

Yeah he is definitely not a leader as sokemof our former QB's were like Cam or Delhomme and I'm glad to see him make his exit as he just doesn't have it at all. On the other hand though would you personally go out if your way to welcome the new guy taking your spot away if you knew you were going to be out if q job any day at all? Seriously, answer that question with honesty? I don't really care for Teddy as our QB at all but what bisnit you expect him to do? Why would he even give a damn? He is about out the door and is focused on finding his next team to throw 15 td passes in an entire season for and play the most boring conservative ball they have ever seen. Why in the heck would he care about reaching out to anyone else other than helping himself? I just don't get the rationale of him needing to? Sam is a big boy and does not need Teddy's blessing. I don't know how Darnold will be and hoping much better than what his last has shown but I do know Teddy is no leader and I'm just glad he is almost gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Honestly if my company brings in new employees, I very rarely reach out to them.  The people who do seem pretty creepy to me

Would you reach out if one of those employees was somebody you knew?

That's the difference for me in this story. Bridgewater and Darnold we're already acquainted from their days together on the Jets.

I could understand not reaching out to a stranger who was brought in to replace you, but if it's somebody you know you should at least say good luck, no hard feelings, something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Would you reach out if one of those employees was somebody you knew?

That's the difference for me in this story. Bridgewater and Darnold we're already acquainted from their days together on the Jets.

I could understand not reaching out to a stranger who was brought in to replace you, but if it's somebody you know you should at least say good luck, no hard feelings, something.

If someone you knew was hired to replace you at your job, would you reach out to say good luck, no hard feelings? Probably not. It has nothing to do with the money. 

The posters(not necessarily you) that bitch and moan when a player takes it easy after getting a big contract are the same posters who think that Teddy Bridgewater should be happy to be replaced and just take his big paycheck and move on. Dumb, dumb, dumb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

If someone you knew was hired to replace you at your job, would you reach out to say good luck, no hard feelings? Probably not. It has nothing to do with the money. 

The posters(not necessarily you) that bitch and moan when a player takes it easy after getting a big contract are the same posters who think that Teddy Bridgewater should be happy to be replaced and just take his big paycheck and move on. Dumb, dumb, dumb. 

No, Teddy shouldn't be happy about it. No competitive person would.

As to what I'd say to someone I know being hired to replace me: if they lobbied for my job then I'd be upset. If it was just the company's choice though, I can't put that on them.

It's not Darnold's fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, Teddy shouldn't be happy about it. No competitive person would.

As to what I'd say to someone I know being hired to replace me: if they lobbied for my job then I'd be upset. If it was just the company's choice though, I can't put that on them.

It's not Darnold's fault.

Absolutely true, but they still took the job. You may be completely civil when you're working together, but you're not reaching out, especially remotely during a pandemic, to them to wish them luck in replacing you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Teddy’s already been there with Sam, he was in the same situation with the Jets.  By all accounts, he was a great teammate, and offered support and encouragement before being traded to the Saints.

What more does he need to say to Sam?

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Absolutely true, but they still took the job. You may be completely civil when you're working together, but you're not reaching out, especially remotely during a pandemic, to them to wish them luck in replacing you. 

I'd probably still wish them luck personally.

At the same time, I'd likely be wishing for the management that chose to replace me to crash and burn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

You've never been paid 40MM and you've never had the pressure that comes with having a job that pays 40MM, so what would you know about it? He didn't win the lottery. 

This is the same bad take as seeing someone who's worked their entire life to build a career at something and saying, "must be nice to have all that money..." 

that’s total crap...he gets paid to deal with pressure....on Sundays...the rest of the time, he’s just rich 

and it’s nowhere near the same as someone who has worked their entire life to build something

he got $40m for 2 yrs...he needs to do whatever the team wants him to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

that’s total crap...he gets paid to deal with pressure....on Sundays...the rest of the time, he’s just rich 

and it’s nowhere near the same as someone who has worked their entire life to build something

he got $40m for 2 yrs...he needs to do whatever the team wants him to do

LMAO. How old are you??? How long have you followed college and pro sports??? Being a pro athlete is a full time job. 

How long would you say Teddy Bridgewater has been playing football? Just about his entire life he's played football, and not like you or I played it, it is his lifestyle. 

That's what I get for expecting more out of you rubes. You whine and complain about the Panthers not making the dumb moves that you'd make, and you criticize the character of players because you think they should be tougher by virtue of the fact that they're rich. 

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

LMAO. How old are you??? How long have you followed college and pro sports??? Being a pro athlete is a full time job. 

How long would you say Teddy Bridgewater has been playing football? Just about his entire life he's played football, and not like you or I played it, it is his lifestyle. 

That's what I get for expecting more out of you rubes. You whine and complain about the Panthers not making the dumb moves that you'd make, and you criticize the character of players because you think they should be tougher by virtue of the fact that they're rich. 

He is one of those football fans who holds millionaire athletes to a different standard than the billionaire owners who hold cities hostage over stadiums. Don't expect much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

If I got paid $40m for 2 yrs it would be hard for me to frown about anything 

this is dumb. people living on sidewalks in bangladesh would find it hard to frown about your complaints about your 35k/year job, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to be upset/disappointed when things go south

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the things to criticize Teddy for this ain't really it. It might be above and beyond if he did but for all we know Teddy has already been told he's gone and it's just a matter of when, so why bother? IMO it would say a lot and be a classy move if he did but it's hardly an expectation.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

this is dumb. people living on sidewalks in bangladesh would find it hard to frown about your complaints about your 35k/year job, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to be upset/disappointed when things go south

I am not even sure what the big deal is.  Who cares whether TB has reached out to Darnold?

My cynical observation about the human species is the people who are the most judgemental and vocal about things like this are the ones who handle a similar situation extremely poorly when it happens to them.  Then we hear the age-old excuse "that's different."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...