• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy hasn't reached out to Sam yet following the trade

JABANOG

In the pantheon of poo that matters whether Bridgewater reached out to Darnold unprompted (or at all unless he was told to by his employer and just didn't do so) is firmly in "who gives a damn" land.  Petty?  Sure.  Impactful?  No.   At all significant evidence that Bridgewater is a or b type of person / employee / player / QB / dude...minimally at most. 

So to summarize:  who cares?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Don’t care for all the Teddy hate.  He did his best and he wasn't as terrible as people here are saying.  He doesn’t need to meet and greet the guy when the writings on the wall.  He knows he wont be here.

I'm all for ending the personal attacks which are unnecessary but man speaking situational football wise it was pretty damn terrible. If you were to go back and rewatch the tape of some of those squandered drives you would probably lose your lunch. When people were wondering whether Kyle Allen could have faired similarly for much less financial commitment that about says it all. Allen by the way took quite a beating from the fanbase too.

• Pie 1

Teddy is a clown. He cannot get out of Charlotte enough. If you put everything together (contract, expectations, replacing cam, etc.) he’s the worst QB in franchise history. I enjoyed the 1-15 season more than watching noodle arm throw the ball 3 yards on 4th and 12. Guy absolutely sucks.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, jamos14 said:

Yea, I have no sympathy for him at all.  He got incredibly overpaid to underperform.

As of now, he is still an employee of the team and will still be paid millions by the team.  I'd expect him to remain professional even if he his feelings are hurt.   That doesn't mean go out of his way to call Darnold but if he is still on the roster during OTAs, I expect him to assist.

The reason he got overpaid is because our front office is not so great.

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

The reason he got overpaid is because our front office is not so great.

Doesn't change the fact that he was paid ~$30 million dollars.

My point wasn't criticizing him for what he was paid.  It's that he was paid a poo load of money and criticism (fair or unfair) comes with the pay.    I'll be happy to be paid 30 million and let people talk poo on message boards about me.  Hence the no sympathy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

The 2001 team at least competed. The  2010 team, games were over midway thru 2nd qtr. 

Yeah it was so long ago I forgot how close the 2001 team was to being actually a fringe playoff team. So many close games lost. 
I remember being so bored during the 2010 season.

4 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Teddy is a clown. He cannot get out of Charlotte enough. If you put everything together (contract, expectations, replacing cam, etc.) he’s the worst QB in franchise history. I enjoyed the 1-15 season more than watching noodle arm throw the ball 3 yards on 4th and 12. Guy absolutely sucks.

I have never seen such a good offense be so boring. It is, frankly, amazing. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Jesus, some of you losers need to grow up!

It's sad/funny how many of you hold these players to a much higher standard than you hold yourselves in virtually every way. Just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean they're not human. None of you would be psyched if your boss put an ad in the paper for someone to replace you, then replace you with another team's question mark employee. Teddy hasn't said or done anything negative, and some of you idiots are acting like he's trying to sabotage Darnold or are maligning his character because he's not rolling out the red carpet for the guy taking his job. In a perfect world they would compete for the starting role, but the team has made it evident that they're moving on, and so we all know that's not going to happen. 

If I got paid $40m for 2 yrs it would be hard for me to frown about anything 

• Pie 5