• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The less they know the better.

Zod

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Could be and I wouldn't doubt if you're right. I sort of think the 49ers have broken the market and set a new bar and I hope teams won't be as desperate next year. The 49ers gave way too much up to just get the number three QB in this draft. As for next year's class, there could also be another guy or two that is not being talked about that has a great season that suddenly gets talked about as being a top prospect.

The QB market is crazy right now. Curious to see if it will come back to earth or it just stays this high for a while. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Darnold is your ultimate answer then you're probably ultimately gonna get fired. Hopefully he will be, but you can't go all in on Darnold and pass up QB prospects that you otherwise would've taken at #8. Sam Darnold isn't a reason to pass on top 10 QB talent.

Agree 1000%!

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I'll feel better about how long this is going to last if we can at least close the book on a need coming out of this draft. QBs are by far the riskiest and we just traded away picks for one, so it'll be wait and see.

If they do go QB my hope is that this is all an impressive smokescreen and they're privately in love with whoever falls out way. 

I believe they are still QB hungry because they seem to think we are pretty close to contending(which is obviously not the case). We will see if that turns out to be true, provided a top 4 QB is even an option at all for us.

For me personally, seeing them draft a QB at 8 even after the Darnold trade will show me that they are still trying to find a guy and put us in a better position. If we stand pat on Darnold, my outlook will have changed from being cautiously optimistic about being "ahead of schedule" on our rebuild after the 2020 season. I will immediately switch to a "This Darnold thing either works or these guys have no idea what they are doing in the NFL" mindset. I want to be able to hold out hope for the franchise future for as long as possible. Even with Teddy stinking it up, I really enjoyed 2020 and seeing our young guys play well. I want to continue to be hopeful as I watch us lose games, knowing there is a plan and a future.

Landing a franchise QB in the draft is such a toss up and is so important because QB salaries are outrageous now and getting a franchise QB on a rookie deal is such a big deal because you can overpay at other positions.