• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy will likely get cut if we can’t trade him.

Ja  Rhule

On 4/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, saX man said:

There's really no point to keep him.  We've got our new QB and we still have our primary backup in PJ "tank commander XFL" Walker if Darnold isn't the guy.

I suspect he goes to Houston or Denver.

If cut post-June 1st, we're still eating $15 mil but we're also saving $8 mil towards the cap.  Without a cut we're just wasting all of the money.  Then next year it's just $5 mil dead cap to eat and we save $21 mil. 

We've already made our big FA moves so just cut the kid if we can't ship him.  We seemed to have worked our cap situation to work with or without his contract.   

Except Pj Walker is too good to tank with, you're talking about Grier.

22 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Eh, hold your horses. PJ isn’t that good. His performance against the Saints proved it. He was wasn’t that good against the Lions. The Lions just out sucked us. 

that was hero ball. Oline gave up, they put PJ walker in at last min, when the game was already over. And he still push the ball downfield. Pj walker has showed potential, and I think he'll get more opportunity come 2021.

23 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Eh, hold your horses. PJ isn’t that good. His performance against the Saints proved it. He was wasn’t that good against the Lions. The Lions just out sucked us. 

His only prepped start we went 1-0 and shut the opponent out.  Granted, he had help. 

He had 2 picks with less than 5 minutes remaining down 4 scores in NO.  I'm not trying to over nitpick that scenario.   His first pick while not a great throw....still bounced out of both Samuel's hands.   PJ is aggressive.  Look at prime Cam Newton late in games when he got down big.  Pick machine because he just upped his gambling. 

PJ to me, looks better than what we saw from Grier.  But PJ does have more post college reps than Grier. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

that was hero ball. Oline gave up, they put PJ walker in at last min, when the game was already over. And he still push the ball downfield. Pj walker has showed potential, and I think he'll get more opportunity come 2021.

No, he isn’t good and people need to stop thinking he is something he isn’t. He is barely a backup and was out of the NFL before being picked up and succeeded against a lot of practice squad guys in the XFL. 
He. Isn’t. Good.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No, he isn’t good and people need to stop thinking he is something he isn’t. He is barely a backup and was out of the NFL before being picked up and succeeded against a lot of practice squad guys in the XFL. 
He. Isn’t. Good.

Same could be said for sam darnold, but your entitled to your opinion. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

His only prepped start we went 1-0 and shut the opponent out.  Granted, he had help. 

He had 2 picks with less than 5 minutes remaining down 4 scores in NO.  I'm not trying to over nitpick that scenario.   His first pick while not a great throw....still bounced out of both Samuel's hands.   PJ is aggressive.  Look at prime Cam Newton late in games when he got down big.  Pick machine because he just upped his gambling. 

PJ to me, looks better than what we saw from Grier.  But PJ does have more post college reps than Grier. 

I look at PJ walker like a college rookie, huge upside, but he needs polishing. Anyways happy to have him on the panthers.