• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in Washington...

Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

According to the draft chart (for whatever that's worth these days) --

Carolina (8) : 1400

-----------------------

WFT (19) : 875

WFT (51) : 390

WFT (74) : 220

I wouldn't give up a shot at a franchise cornerstone at 8 for that package. However, if SF went from 12 to 3, then going from 19 to 8 should return something better than a 2nd and 3rd this year.

We have to get a '22 FRP at least in that deal in addition to 19 & 51 overall. 

I'd be willing to drop to 15 (trade with New England) for a package like that.  19 is a bit too far for me even with including Washington's 2022 1st as you suggested.

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

We’ve been signing some JAGs too so quit hating on Hurney and WFT

Hurney is the ultimate joke of the NFL world. I celebrated his departure and will ride this high right into the draft. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I have been working and going through Huddle down time withdrawals.  So before I look at the rest of the posts, I think it was PFT that reported that Washington may give up their entire draft for Lance.  

If so, it could mean that they trade with the Panthers.

That would be a start to recoup what Hurney and Rivera did to us.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Ok, I don’t like to be teased. From hearing trade interest in Teddy to us getting a huge bounty for 8, I don’t think I can take it. It would be awesome but we don’t have that kind of luck. We aren’t Miami who probably went, HFS SF just offered us this for pick 3, we are the let’s spend $30M+ on a crappy QB, lose a 3rd round comp and release him after 1 year type of team. That 2015 year was such euphoria followed by a kick to the nuts that it’s hard to fathom us getting lucky.

I imagine there is some communication between the two front offices considering the Rivera Hurney connection---or they are not communicating at all and we are the last team they'd deal with.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am not defending Rivera, but most coaches these days succeed or fail in large part due to the play at Qb.    

Absolutely.  However, he had one and drove him into the ground--going for the immediate reward at the expense of long term success.

10 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

We’ve been signing some JAGs too so quit hating on Hurney and WFT

Our JAGs have experience.  Hurney is trying to re-invent A. Gates.  A former Basketball player, the difference is Gates played football.  This guy has never played one snap and Hurney wants to make him a professional football player.  

Wait till some linebacker cleans his clock (legal hit) in practice. 

10 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

We just signed a running back who we found at a HUB football camp. Panthers fans need to get over Ron and Hurney. We got a new coaching staff and owner now. They haven’t proven anything yet. Ron, Jerry and Hurney all have taken this franchise to the Super Bowl. Stop the complaining. 

The post is about Washington and Hurney.  I think my comments are highly relevant to the opening post.  Seems you are so hell bent on giving Hurney credit for one super bowl appearing 17 years ago. 

Hurney has a huge track record of reaching for some obscure player no one has ever heard of and trying to make him a star.   He sucks at it.

The difference in the HUB football player is that he actually played football while the  TE has never suited up.

Get a grip and stick with the opening post instead of protecting your favorite GM.

24 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Did your wife cheat on you with Hurney? Why do you dislike the guy so much. You’re making negative posts about Hurney signing a guy that never played football before when he’s not even the General Manager in Washington. Mayhew is. 

I dislike the guy because the 2 times he has been with us he's made terrible moves and thinks he's a mastermind at finding obscure talent.  Both times with us he has managed to make insane contracts and over value players to the point where we are strapped with lousy contracts for years.

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

Did your wife cheat on you with Hurney? Why do you dislike the guy so much. You’re making negative posts about Hurney signing a guy that never played football before when he’s not even the General Manager in Washington. Mayhew is. 

why are you defending him so much? did he tickle your prostate?