• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft rumors

Basbear

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dont they have a really good Left Tackle already?

Lions need everything. On the first post in this thread, i had them loving Waddle, heard the same thing today. No one knows due to new coach and GM, but the best guess is they want tough players that play hurt and Waddle fits that at least. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I can not confirm it. Thats another dirty secret about most Bama players, they constantly play hurt and medicals always look awful. Part due to leadership and part due to not wanting to lose their spot

I wish the information form those 160 combine would be public, cause I know come draft time, thousands of fans will be screaming " DRAFT ______ HES A STEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Ive done it, but the main reason for the falling is medicals or terrible off-field stuff. This year it will happen much more. 

It's absolutely this.

Saban does not give one single fug about his players. He's here to win. If you're injured he'll just slot the next 5 star in off the conveyor belt and you've lost your starting role.

I've no idea how they've kept the thing going (baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags) because besides winning a lot it sounds like a brutal experience that doesn't actually prepare you for the NFL at all. Most of their players are maxed out in college. 

Contrast this to the greatest College in your fair land and you have Calais Campbell going to bat for Greg Rousseau. A true brotherhood. But then it's a Canes thing, you wouldn't understand. 😉 

North Carolina State was having a second pro day today, surmising gaining momentum for defensive tackle Alim McNeill. The pro day just finished and the object of attraction was in fact McNeill, who is getting solid third-round grades from teams. 

The Jacksonville Jaguars were on hand for McNeill’s “pro day.” While some believe the Jaguars could take a defensive tackle with their second pick in the first round, I continue to hear it is more likely to be McNeill or Tommy Togiai of Ohio State in the third frame.

@45catfan nooooooo..... Now im a tad nervous

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

North Carolina State was having a second pro day today, surmising gaining momentum for defensive tackle Alim McNeill. The pro day just finished and the object of attraction was in fact McNeill, who is getting solid third-round grades from teams. 

The Jacksonville Jaguars were on hand for McNeill’s “pro day.” While some believe the Jaguars could take a defensive tackle with their second pick in the first round, I continue to hear it is more likely to be McNeill or Tommy Togiai of Ohio State in the third frame.

@45catfan nooooooo..... Now im a tad nervous

Really?  McNeill was one of the guys you didn't have a 3rd round grade on?  Like R-E-A-L-L-Y?????????  I had a cusp 2nd/3rd on him.  Not sure how much research you have done on him, but he's like he 2nd NT off the board.  He's THE BEST pass rushing NT in the class.

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Really?  McNeill was one of the guys you didn't have a 3rd round grade on?  Like R-E-A-L-L-Y?????????  I had a cusp 2nd/3rd on him.  Not sure how much research you have done on him, but he's like he 2nd NT off the board.  He's THE BEST pass rushing NT in the class.

Hes one the guys in the 4th for me, also more of a 3-4 DE too. Thats what Im banking on for part of this bet, 3-4, odd fonts, are sooo hawt right now....  Going to closer than I like, but Id still make the bet today...

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

8-3 last year. Baby steps in the right direction.

No doubt it looks like UNC & Miami for the Coastal for the next 5 years. 

I’m curious, why is Brevin Jordan a projected 3rd rounder? When I’ve watched him, he’s looked like a game breaker.