• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft rumors

Basbear

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:
Carolina will likely take Justin Fields if he falls to 8. The question is, will he get there?

I believe this and they didnt believe he would not make it to 8, hence the darnold trade. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is good for the rumor page- 60% ATL drafts Fields, 39% pitts, and 1% other.

Marty and RR see Lance as Cam 2.0 also..

Edited by Basbear

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The cost would have been lower.  probably our 2022 first and 2nd.  Or 2nd this year.  Miami reached out to numerous teams.  We passed.  If we thought Fields was a Watson clone or franchise qb or whatever then we would have made it work

A tad lower. Didnt you also say no chance at all that 4 QB would be drafted in the first 7? Just a unique year and history doesnt hold as much weight.  

I now believe QBs go 1-4, a first in NFL history. 

25 minutes ago, Basbear said:

A tad lower. Didnt you also say no chance at all that 4 QB would be drafted in the first 7? Just a unique year and history doesnt hold as much weight.  

I now believe QBs go 1-4, a first in NFL history. 

I said 0.0% chance that 4 go in 7 picks.  I still stand by that.  This qb class isnt that good.  I think the shine is wearing off on Lance and Fields a bit now that the film is being digested. 

If the Falcons and their cap situation pass on Pitts for a qb then I believe they may be the dumbest franchise outside of the Jets.  No way they dont try and run this back with Ryan and Co for the next 2ish years.  Pitts makes them unstoppable

But in closing like I said, if we thought Fields was a franchise qb we would have made the move. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

If you think about it, securing Darnold was a brilliant move because it cost nothing compared to what being in a situation where we HAD to move up would have cost.  We know Darnold will be better--better coaches, better weapons x 10, better OL (in theory).  Better defense.  So we get a better QB than he was in NY, pretty much guaranteed, a kid who flashes big time arm talent but has some lower body mechanical issues, and we get a 24 year old player. 

I am not sure we need to bring in a first rounder right now.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

It makes no sense to do what they did in free agency and walk into the season with only a ? at QB.  They are all in, and think they can contend again with a QB. 
I am nearly certain that you are right--anywhere from Atlanta-Detroit

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It makes no sense to do what they did in free agency and walk into the season with only a ? at QB.  They are all in, and think they can contend again with a QB. 
I am nearly certain that you are right--anywhere from Atlanta-Detroit

Trey Lance aint helping no NFL franchise this season.  Fields maybe, maybe (although I doubt it) but no way does Lance contribute in 2021

• Pie 2

I’m honestly just as convinced that we get a “weapon” in rd 1 as an OT.

we were apparently close to drafting Ceedee Lamb last year.  Also have heard the “surrounding him with weapons” being mentioned by everyone out there in regards to Darnold, while also saying this OT class is Deep

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I’m honestly just as convinced that we get a “weapon” in rd 1 as an OT.

we were apparently close to drafting Ceedee Lamb last year.  Also have heard the “surrounding him with weapons” being mentioned by everyone out there in regards to Darnold, while also saying this OT class is Deep

Say what?

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trey Lance aint helping no NFL franchise this season.  Fields maybe, maybe (although I doubt it) but no way does Lance contribute in 2021

Why they signed Cam.  But they are not putting  the entire season on his shoulders.  Lance can develop and could run most of the offense designed for Cam. Nobody is suggesting that Lance start day 1, but Week 6 or 7?  Maybe.